Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Airport/Cruise Ft Lauderdale

LynnTH

Looking for a room pre-cruise. Our cruise leave New Years Eve so need for the 30th. Want to book early as I know the prices will only go up. Last time we stayed at Embassy Suites on 17th but now it is showing over $350 for the night. Looking at Holiday Inn Express on West State Road 84. Anyone have any experience with this hotel. Seems it gets decent reviews and shows close to restaurants and grocery store/walgreens. Looks like the beach is not far. Free shuttle from Airport to hotel and free breakfast. Can get this for about $180. Is this a decent place?

In one review they said about 3 blocks from the beach?? Basically looking for room $200 or under. Good area with restaurants/stores within walking distance. Free Breakfast and shuttle from Airport is a plus.

In one review they said about 3 blocks from the beach?? Basically looking for room $200 or under. Good area with restaurants/stores within walking distance. Free Breakfast and shuttle from Airport is a plus.

Take a look at Googlemaps. It is a couple of miles to the beach as the crow flies and even more as the car drives!

Hyatt Place on 10th Street (I think it is called 17th StreetConvention Center) is often recommended expecially when reservations are made through www.valuetrips.com. It is in a much better location with lots of shops and restaurants and has shuttles. You may have seen it when you stayed in the Embassy Suites (it is just southwest of the ES). Just do a search on this Board and check out TripAdvisor.

You are searching for a room on a holiday weekend so your budget may need adjusting if you want to be closer to the beach and within walking distance of restaurants and stores.

Take a look at Googlemaps. It is a couple of miles to the beach as the crow flies and even more as the car drives!

Hyatt Place on 10th Street (I think it is called 17th StreetConvention Center) is often recommended expecially when reservations are made through www.valuetrips.com. It is in a much better location with lots of shops and restaurants and has shuttles. You may have seen it when you stayed in the Embassy Suites (it is just southwest of the ES). Just do a search on this Board and check out TripAdvisor.

You are searching for a room on a holiday weekend so your budget may need adjusting if you want to be closer to the beach and within walking distance of restaurants and stores.

Thanks. I will look into that. We don't need the beach - I just figured if it was nearby it would be a bonus. Basically some shops/restaurants within walking distance. Free breakfast would be nice. Will look at Hyatt.

Stayed at this Holiday Inn and nearby hotels (Hampton Inn, Candlewood) several times in recent years. The hotel is very comfortable and worthy of the good reviews - perefectly fine for a night or two near the Port. It is just a short Uber from the water trolley stops.

The location is great just a very easy 1.7 miles from the 24th St gate at the Port. Across the street is a strip mall with Winn-Dixie, liquor store, Dunkin Donuts, two good restaurants and a bar.

Was all set to book the Hyatt on Valuetrips.com. Went on there today and now it shows our date of 12/30 as a blackout date. Bummer. So, looking at LMT Club and Orbitz trying to find a decent room (nothing fancy), but close to stores/restaurants. These are the 3 I have come up with...

1. Candlewood Suites on West State Rd - $137 includes taxes. Free Airport Shuttle. No breakfast.

2. Sleep Inn & Suites on SE 5th - $153 includes taxes. Free Airport Shuttle. Free Breakfast.

3. Holiday Inn Express on State Rd 84 - $189 includes taxes. Free Airport Shuttle. Free Breakfast.

Any of these seem much better (or worse ) than the others or are they all pretty much the same?

Was all set to book the Hyatt on Valuetrips.com. Went on there today and now it shows our date of 12/30 as a blackout date. Bummer. So, looking at LMT Club and Orbitz trying to find a decent room (nothing fancy), but close to stores/restaurants. These are the 3 I have come up with...

1. Candlewood Suites on West State Rd - $137 includes taxes. Free Airport Shuttle. No breakfast.

2. Sleep Inn & Suites on SE 5th - $153 includes taxes. Free Airport Shuttle. Free Breakfast.

3. Holiday Inn Express on State Rd 84 - $189 includes taxes. Free Airport Shuttle. Free Breakfast.

Any of these seem much better (or worse ) than the others or are they all pretty much the same?

Of those three with rates listed I will opt for Candlewood and do breakfast at Dunkin across the street! The hotel is clean and comfortable. The occasional bad review is more about front-desk mishaps than the rooms, shuttles , etc.

Looking for a room pre-cruise. Our cruise leave New Years Eve so need for the 30th. Want to book early as I know the prices will only go up. Last time we stayed at Embassy Suites on 17th but now it is showing over $350 for the night. Looking at Holiday Inn Express on West State Road 84. Anyone have any experience with this hotel. Seems it gets decent reviews and shows close to restaurants and grocery store/walgreens. Looks like the beach is not far. Free shuttle from Airport to hotel and free breakfast. Can get this for about $180. Is this a decent place?

We stayed here a couple of years ago using up points we had and the hotel was clean, but the breakfast was so crowded that they could not keep up with restocking the food. It was the Sat after Thanksgiving and the hotel was very busy. We had to bring our plates back to our room since there was no place to sit. We made the mistake of booking their shuttle to the port. It was a disorganized mess in the lobby to figure out which shuttle to board, the shuttle was more expensive than a cab, and it stopped at every ship before getting to the Allure. They did not load the shuttles with the luggage in the correct order for each stop so everyone was afraid their luggage was going to be lost. Someone from each family got off at every stop to make sure their luggage wasn't left at the wrong ship. Never again will we take a shuttle.