Anthem 9/23 to Bermuda. Thoughts on impact of Tropical Storm/Hurricane Jose?

Doc2725

if we end up heading to bermuda and it ends up that maria is in bermuda, would we have to dock there? any chance we turn around or we just stay out at sea if its safer?

If the storm is heading to or near Bemuda, and it's still strong enough that they are concerned about safety, they will not dock there.

Not a bad change at all. In Portland, go to Holy Donuts for the best donuts made with potato flour. Also, Two Fat Cats bakery has the best whoopie pies we have ever eaten. Halifax is one of our favorite stops. Lots to do within walking distance of the port. We usually take a cab up to the Citadel first thing and do an early tour and are there for the shooting of the cannon. We then walk down the hill to the boardwalk and visit all the stores and get a lobster roll for lunch. The Maritime Museum is right there with lots from the Titanic. Nice walk back to the ship. Lots of shopping at the pier area too, depending on which pier you are docked at.

how does refundable on board credit work? ive already purchased dining and drink packages, so will i get refunded for that? Also i used points for my trip, will they give me the equivalent on board credit? thanks!

If you have any refundable on board credit left at the end of the cruise, you can either get a cash refund on the last afternoon, or let the refund automatically get credited to the credit card you have on file for you onboard account.

If you have any refundable on board credit left at the end of the cruise, you can either get a cash refund on the last afternoon, or let the refund automatically get credited to the credit card you have on file for you onboard account.

Thats phenomenal -- I'm actually pretty happy about this change then!

I am also on the Anthem 9/23, they have posted the change of itinerary, we will be going to Portland Maine and Nova Scotia, and giving a 50% refund of the cruise

I think this is fair and it is better than getting sea sick.

All have a safe cruise

Joann

i am ambivalent to this....really wanted 80 and beaches, not mid 60s and rain (what shows up for Halifax most of next week). The refund is nice, but still a bummer.

does anyone know when they will update the actual days we are where we are? on cruise planner, it still shows bermuda.

Also, my other concern is, what happened to "if we go north, we'd sail back through whats left of Maria". im guessing they are hoping/thinking she goes more out to sea by then and we have a smooth ride home, but if we lost Bermuda AND come back through that? half off will be little consolation. would be the second cruise we've been on where we'd come back skirting a hurricane (first was bermuda in november of 09 i believe).

Several nice wineries in Halifax. There are several local tour companies that will arrange/drive for a VERY reasonable price. The one we did included lunch at one of the wineries.

That sounds great!

I'm still a little confused by on board credits, will they take the cost of my fare that was the equivalent of the points I used to purchase the cruise?