Coconut Beach, Jolly Beach, or Grand Pineapple

spkinva

• 2 weeks later...

We were at jolly beach a few weeks ago and had a great day. See my thread down this page "good beach for seniors". The water was beautiful, easy in and out. Bathrooms and food and drink just a few steps away. Never saw a vendor all day. We rented chairs and umbrella for around $20.00 and were set for the day. Based on your preferences, jolly has all you are looking for.

People have recommended Valley Church Beach. I think we may skip Coconut Beach Club and head to VCB instead.

VCB is simply unbelievable. We can't wait to go back next year.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

We have a tour booked with Lawrence of Antigua. There is a beach option at the end of the tour. Does anyone know what beach he uses, or would you recommend a beach to be dropped at after the tour?

A few years ago, Lawrence dropped us @ Valley Church after the tour.

It's nice, but gets crazy crowded. Was there again last month, we got there early (9:30, 10 ish) and it was beautiful. By the time we left (2 ish) it was packed.

I personally prefer Turners, it's further from town, past Jolly and VCB, just as nice, and less crowded. I took the bus there and back, but the cabbie did say this time that it would cost more to go there since it was farther.

VCB was $8.00 per person each way.

• 2 weeks later...
A few years ago, Lawrence dropped us @ Valley Church after the tour.

It's nice, but gets crazy crowded. Was there again last month, we got there early (9:30, 10 ish) and it was beautiful. By the time we left (2 ish) it was packed.

I personally prefer Turners, it's further from town, past Jolly and VCB, just as nice, and less crowded. I took the bus there and back, but the cabbie did say this time that it would cost more to go there since it was farther.

VCB was $8.00 per person each way.

Is it easy to catch a cab to VCB to the beach and for the return to the cruise port. I am just nervous about trying to venture off on my own and getting stuck anywhere

We ended up going to Coconut Beach Club for the day. We needed to haggle with the taxi drivers to get the price we were told during our inquiries to Coconut. Be sure to have he address with you - our driver was not sure of the location. The resort is quiet. There is shade under thatched palapas or trees along the shore and by the pool; towels are available. You can spread out and need not be jammed in with your neighbors. Although there were some rocky areas, water access was easy. You can take a nice little stroll down the beach and find some decent sea glass. Drinks were included in the day pass and lunch was delicious; served buffet style.

We enjoyed our day there,

• 2 months later...
We ended up going to Coconut Beach Club for the day. We needed to haggle with the taxi drivers to get the price we were told during our inquiries to Coconut. Be sure to have he address with you - our driver was not sure of the location. The resort is quiet. There is shade under thatched palapas or trees along the shore and by the pool; towels are available. You can spread out and need not be jammed in with your neighbors. Although there were some rocky areas, water access was easy. You can take a nice little stroll down the beach and find some decent sea glass. Drinks were included in the day pass and lunch was delicious; served buffet style.

We enjoyed our day there,

How much was the day pass for Coconut and how did you book it? How much did you end up paying for cab each way?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Check Tripadvisor and search Valley Church Beach - you will see for yourself why VCB tops all others. Great little beach hut restaurant ("The Nest") right on the beach for great food and drinks. The views are amazing, green mountains, white sand, crystal clear water - I've been on 12 cruises and have been to many many islands in my travels. VCB is thee most amazing beach and is number 1 for us. With Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas a close second. Check out the pics on TA - you can decide for yourself. Simply amazing. Can't wait to go back in November!! :)

We would like to go to Jolly Beach for the day. Is it easy to do on your own? How far is it from the ship port and approx. how much is a cab/taxi ride? Where do we pick up the taxi from the ship?

How do we go about reserving a day pass for this resort? It looks beautiful!

Appreciate any information you may have!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, someone revived a year-old thread. :(

There's lots of good, current info available here, folks. Please, when you're looking, pay attention to the dates!

Went to Coconut Beach in November 2013 and was going to return but, as noted, it's closed.

Other threads about it here and where else to go that offers similar experience.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, someone revived a year-old thread. :(

There's lots of good, current info available here, folks. Please, when you're looking, pay attention to the dates!

Went to Coconut Beach in November 2013 and was going to return but, as noted, it's closed.

Other threads about it here and where else to go that offers similar experience.

Sorry, not seeing all of this "good, current info" you speak of concerning Grand Pineapple and Jolly Beach.

We are also trying to decide between Long Bay and Jolly Beach. Really would like to go to Long bay, and see Devil's bridge along the way, but am very concerned about getting a cab back to port. It seems everyone says just arrange for your cab to come back to pick you up at a certain time, but how reliable are they? There will be 5 :eek: ships in port the day we are there. Thinking about just going to Jolly as it looks like there will be cabs there and it's also near a bus stop. Also cab fare will probably be exorbitant to go to Long Bay (Grand Pineapple). Anyone who's been have any info?

• 2 weeks later...