Information About Zurich International Airport

OK all you savvy travellers, I need some help. Is there anyone who is familiar with the Zurich International Airport? We are flying Swiss Air into Zurich from Montreal and connecting to another Swiss Air flight to Florence. I would like to know what is involved in terms of distance to get from the international flight area to the domestic flight area as husband has some issues that make walking long distances difficult, especially if time is an issue. Thank you

Get in contact with Swiss or your travel agent. Ask for (free) wheelchair transportation between gates. In general this needs to be done at the latest48 hours before.

Edited by Ine

I would like to know what is involved in terms of distance to get from the international flight area to the domestic flight area ...
One thing that may help to avoid confusion as you ask about this is that the flight from Zurich to Florence is most definitely not a domestic flight, as Switzerland and Italy are still two separate countries. If you start talking about domestic flights from Zurich, you could be mistaken for asking about flights within Switzerland. So it's better not to use that term.

However, one thing that you should find is that because both Switzerland and Italy are now within the Schengen common travel area (aka Schengenland), you will cross the common immigration border at Zurich so that is where your passports will be checked and stamped, and they should not need to be checked again at Florence.

I would second Ine's advice, and that should deal with all of your potential issues.

We recently flew into Zurich and it is a very compact airport. Only 2 levels and is easy to get around.Should be no problemo.

Sent fsrom my iPad using Forums

Did your flight arrive on a pier directly connected to the main terminal area? Some international flights arrive at a separate terminal (E) and passengers have to get a people mover to the main area.

I would imagine Swiss has first dibs on the dual purpose Schengen/non-Schengen pier (B/D) in which case your description sounds right - but best for OP to check and ask for assistance if needed.