Internet On The Spirit

bspill

Our cruise last year on the Cloud offered a flat rate for unlimited internet for the entire cruise. I've read that there has been some changes on internet offerings. We're sailing on the Spirit on March 31st. Can anyone give me an update on internet options on the Spirit?

Our cruise last year on the Cloud offered a flat rate for unlimited internet for the entire cruise. I've read that there has been some changes on internet offerings. We're sailing on the Spirit on March 31st. Can anyone give me an update on internet options on the Spirit?

Internet is now free or maybe more correctly covered in your fare.

The information Randyk47 gave is not correct.

Every passenger gets 1 hour per cruise day of free internet included in the cruise fare (so 7 hours on a 7 day cruise, 10 hours on a 10 day cruise). You first use this before you can buy more as you are able to spend all of your internet time at once (you do not need to spend 1 hour every day, you can spend the 7 hours on the first day).

If you are in a more expensive suite (I believe starting at Silver Suite), unlimited internet is free the entire cruise (see website for details).

Last December, internet speed on the Spirit was so bad, they changed the policy to giving all passengers free unlimited internet for the entire cruise. This was nice, however, it did not improve the speed ;-)

Please note this is not standard policy and determined by the hotel manager on a case by case basis.

Sorry I wasn't more specific. We found an hour a day to be sufficient. We only used it to check email so came nowhere close to using our allowance. As I recall they actually gave us 600 minutes (60 per day times 10 days) and we drew against that total amount rather than just 60 minutes a day at a time. They may or may not have changed that accounting process.....I don't want to be incorrect again. 😀

If you check Master Echo's thread, you will see that she states that the internet is free and unlimited on the Spirit right now. This is a new system that they are implementing fleet wide.

SS tried out two different providers - I was on the Spirit last November and the internet was being provided by the company that SS didn't go with because their product wasn't adequate - it was awful. Fortunately the other company's product is much better - I had it on the Wind in January and it was such an improvement.

Sent from my iPad using Forums