What will the Escape and Bliss Home Ports be?

BrPanthers99

What will the homeports be for the Escape and Bliss  

215 members have voted

1. 1. What will the homeports be for the Escape and Bliss

• Both in FL
    • Both in NY
    • Both in Europe
    • NY and FL
    • NY and Europe
    • FL and Europe
    • FL and New Orleans
    • NY and New Orleans
    • FL and CA
    • NY and CA
    • Other (Explain)

For people likr me, I'd like to see mew ships do new routes as I really only like going on the new ships, but geez, I am kind of tired of the East & West Caribbean... We want to do some

of the European routes, but, for me, the ships that sale those just don't appeal. We did Getaway & are booked on Escape, so maybe Bliss will offer us a new route. I would do Breakaway, but hubby isn't onboard yet.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

How about the Southern Caribbean? NCL has NO ships out of San Juan..I had to book RCI for my next cruise in Nov because NCL & Princess have nothing there...at least put a Pearl/ Dawn class ship there...Friends just got off the 12 night Breakaway & loved it from NY, but said they had 32 ft seas 3 straight days going down & 25 ft. seas coming home..they will never leave from NY again..lol, now they will fly to Miami & go from there...NCL needs a ship in San Juan & another maybe in PC..Miami will have 3- Epic, Escape & Getaway, along with the Sky for short cruises...that should be enough for Miami..

Big Al

How about the Southern Caribbean? NCL has NO ships out of San Juan..I had to book RCI for my next cruise in Nov because NCL & Princess have nothing there...at least put a Pearl/ Dawn class ship there...

Gem will be doing alternating 7-night cruises (also available as 14-night combined itinerary) out from San Juan next year.

http://www.ncl.com/port/san-juan/cruises

Didn't see that! Thanks, good news!

If you go on the Breakaway from NY to Bermuda in the Summer, the seas are fine and a wonderful time to visit NY!

Winter not a good idea to sail out of the big apple! We will be sailing out of NJ on the Quantum in a couple of weeks, and I hope the big freeze will be over by then-:( I also have another cruise next year from NY about the same time, on the Anthem, and will cancel if this trip has rough seas. A breakaway August cruise is also booked and I know that will be wonderful!

Edited by Cruise a holic

• 2 weeks later...

We love cruising from Miami since it's only a short drive to the pier. (In the process of booking Escape for Dec 2015). I just wish the city and county politicos would agree on deepening the cruise basin and building more terminals! All they do it talk, talk, talk and no action.

We in the UK love flying from Barcelona/Rome/Venice/wherever, which consists of:

• getting up before the crack of dawn
  • driving to the airport (allowing even more time due to roadworks)
  • parking the car
  • getting the bus to the terminal
  • queueing to check in suitcase
  • queueing to get through security with all the tourists
  • queueing to get on the plane
  • spending two hours with germ ridden children in close proximity
  • waiting for bus to the terminal from the plane
  • waiting for luggage to come off
  • queueing for a taxi
  • getting taxi to the port

Obviously more preferable to cruising from the UK e.g. Southampton which consists of

• leisurely drive to the port
  • park the car
  • leisurely walk to the ship

• 2 weeks later...
There are already two ships in NYC year-round.

I doubt that they'd place any bigger ships to itineraries like Baltics in the summer - there has to be smaller ships here too, at least in the summer season.

4000 pax ship in Eastern Med would be an overkill also, they are already discounting the cruises for local markets there in order to fill the ships.

That's correct there is two ship in NY at this time but the Gem is schedule to be homeport in Porto Rico starting fall 2016

Edited by Orleanscruiser