MERGED QUESTIONS: Balcony Sizes / Various Stateroom Dimensions

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Hey, I will be sailing on the Royal Princess in R731 and just wanted to inquire about the Balcony size for the S2 Owners Aft Suite "stern" for my deck and every deck and are they coverd, semi-covered or fully uncovered
- I know suite size and dimensions but nothing on the balcony.

Thank you.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Mr Caluori,

Thank you again for taking time to answer our questions!!!!

I have two questions for you:

1 - I am traveling with family and we have 4 cabins reserved (side by side) on the Baja deck [starboard side above the first life-raft]. We are wondering if the balcony partitions are movable as we have had on other ships?

2 - I have not seen pictures or descriptions on how your 3/4 passenger cabins are setup. We will have our teenage daughter in our cabin and was wondering if it was a pull down bed from the ceiling or hideaway bed in a couch?

Thank you for your time, Mr. Caluori.

There also have been no interior layouts displayed for the S5 Premium Suites located near the bow. These are a new type of suite in this location and a peek at the interior layout would be greatly appreciated.

Also, a debt of gratitude is owed to dmwnc1959 who has led a possitive and informative thread entitled Everything Royal Princess. Unlike many forums, he has championed a thread that always focuses on the positive. As such, he should be commended by Princess for his resources and work on the Royal.

Thanks again, Paul

Hello Mr. Calouri,
It's great that you're taking the time to answer our questions about the new Royal. On many of the ships in the Princess fleet, the balconies on the forward suites are not usable while the ship is underway, with the balcony doors being locked. Can you tell us if the balconies on the forward suites will be accessible while the Royal is underway?
Thank you!

It's my pleasure to answer your questions!

For question #1, yes, there are connecting doors between balconies as also seen on the other ships.

#2 - it depends on the category booked. If booked in a Suite, Mini-Suite or Deluxe Balcony, the third berth will always be a sofa bed. All other categories, the third berth will be an upper berth.

[quote name='pjrockman']Thank you for your time, Mr. Caluori.

There also have been no interior layouts displayed for the S5 Premium Suites located near the bow. These are a new type of suite in this location and a peek at the interior layout would be greatly appreciated.

[B][COLOR=red]Also, a debt of gratitude is owed to dmwnc1959 who has led a possitive and informative thread entitled Everything Royal Princess. Unlike many forums, he has championed a thread that always focuses on the positive. As such, he should be commended by Princess for his resources and work on the Royal.[/COLOR][/B]

Thanks again, Paul[/quote]

[COLOR=black]I second that! I hope Princess rolls out the red carpet for David on his b2b in December.[/COLOR]

[quote name='EKELLEY']Which decks on the aft have fully covered balconies, partially covered, & no cover?[/QUOTE]

Please expand you answer to this question to let us know if any balconies are not fully covered.

[quote name='missymerv'][COLOR=black]I second that! I hope Princess rolls out the red carpet for David on his b2b in December.[/COLOR][/quote]I will give another vote to that. He has certainly kept people interested in the Royal with a thread that has almost 2,700 posts and over 180,000 views :eek:

The size of the balconies for the Aft Suites varies on each deck, they range from 232 to 361 square feet. The balcony size for Suite R731 is 361 square feet and has minimal cover. All Suite balconies have a slight overhang, which gradually increases towards the lower decks.

[quote name='Luvmyrotti']Hello Mr. Calouri,
It's great that you're taking the time to answer our questions about the new Royal. On many of the ships in the Princess fleet, the balconies on the forward suites are not usable while the ship is underway, with the balcony doors being locked. Can you tell us if the balconies on the forward suites will be accessible while the Royal is underway?
Thank you![/quote]

Hello, still looking for an answer on this question related to the forward suite balconites. Thank you!

Mr. Caluori,
The deck plans for the M6 Mini Suites do not match up between cabin booking and general ship deck plan descriptions. This close to sailing and the actual configurations for Lido and Marina decks forward are still not clear. Can we get some resolution on cabins forward? This affects cabin classes MF and M6. M6 Cabins were sold as unlocked balcony doors while sailing. Does this hold true? Looking forward to getting on the ship! Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='CK57']Mr. Caluori,
The deck plans for the M6 Mini Suites do not match up between cabin booking and general ship deck plan descriptions. This close to sailing and the actual configurations for Lido and Marina decks forward are still not clear. Can we get some resolution on cabins forward? This affects cabin classes MF and M6. M6 Cabins were sold as unlocked balcony doors while sailing. Does this hold true? Looking forward to getting on the ship! Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Did anyone get this question answered?

[quote name='CK57']Mr. Caluori,
The deck plans for the M6 Mini Suites do not match up between cabin booking and general ship deck plan descriptions. This close to sailing and the actual configurations for Lido and Marina decks forward are still not clear. Can we get some resolution on cabins forward? This affects cabin classes MF and M6. M6 Cabins were sold as unlocked balcony doors while sailing. Does this hold true? Looking forward to getting on the ship! Thank you.[/quote][quote name='shaun07']Did anyone get this question answered?[/quote]Check out this photo. By the placement of the partitions it appears that the deck plans are correct and the booking engine is incorrect. There is furniture on each balcony but can't answer the locked/unlocked question.

[URL]http://www.flickr.com/photos/princesscruises/9009257578/sizes/o/in/set-72157634051903774/[/URL]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
CK57 - see you just posted review of M107 - we have M108 booked for Caribbean in Feb.
Question - how windy/usable was the balcony on sea days?

Also - were you able to get the cabin steward to provide lounges or foot stools so you could - lounge out there given all the space?

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='dakland']Mr. Caluori,
Please answer if Caribe balconies are larger as in other Princess ships?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

The Q&A session with Rai Caluori ended many months ago.

If you take a look at [I]any[/I] exterior picture like [URL=http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5531/9179271569_d9f8ec9e94_o.jpg]THIS[/URL] showing the full length of Royal Princess you can see that the Caribe Deck balconies are not the same as on Grand-class ships. ALL side facing balconies on Royal Princess are the same size (roughly 4' deep x 9' wide) with the exception of those amid ship near the 'points' under the SeaWalk and SeaView Bar, a few that are all the way forward on Emerald Deck, the forward facing balconies on Lido and Marina Deck, and all aft facing cabins.

Here are also two posts with detailed information and pictures:

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39860865&postcount=145[/url]

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39346242&postcount=5[/url]

And here are more pictures of Royal Princess for your reference:

[url]http://www.royalprincesspresspictures.co.uk/?Action=_VC&id=126451602&ppwd=royalprincessnaming[/url]

[url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/princesscruises/sets/72157634053098230/[/url]

[url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/theluxurycruiseco/sets/72157634024740653/[/url]

[url]http://www.cruisetricks.de/galerie/index.php/royal-princess[/url]

Archived