Hyatt pier 66 - $99?

nhsails

Hello Everyone,

Just booked Hyatt Pier 66 in FLL for December cruise at $99.00.

We usually stay at Embassy Suites, but could not get reservation for night we needed. Any comments or suggestions regarding Hyatt?

As always, much appreciated.

Debbi

It is a very nice property with lovely grounds and pool area. There is a bar and grill along the Intercoastal Waterway with a great view as long as a huge yacht is not docked that might block your view. That is an excellent rate. Do you know whether the room is in the Tower or the two story buildings?

Hello Everyone,

Just booked Hyatt Pier 66 in FLL for December cruise at $99.00.

We usually stay at Embassy Suites, but could not get reservation for night we needed. Any comments or suggestions regarding Hyatt?

As always, much appreciated.

Debbi

Where did you find that rate? I am also looking for December. Thanks.

Thank you. Knew it was a bit older but happy with deal. Pulled out Priceline, started downtown area 4 star at 99, rebid by adding beach area got it. $124.59 with taX and fees. Called hotel directly after confirmation number,told them HHilto Honors number, no points but bumped up to towe room. I promise I'll post about the stay when we get back. Appreciate all the info from everyone here over the years so happy to pay it back.

Debbi

Thank you. Knew it was a bit older but happy with deal. Pulled out Priceline, started downtown area 4 star at 99, rebid by adding beach area got it. $124.59 with taX and fees. Called hotel directly after confirmation number,told them HHilto Honors number, no points but bumped up to towe room. I promise I'll post about the stay when we get back. Appreciate all the info from everyone here over the years so happy to pay it back.

Debbi

I too won this on priceline for September, was a bit dissapointed as I thought I would get a beach Hotel. Decided to make the best of it if I can upgrade to a tower room. When you called them did you ask for the upgrade or were you offered it? I too have an HH number but wondered how I go about getting a tower room. I would be very thankful for this information.

didn't mean HH number meant Hyatt.

Jo

Edited by Ms Jo UK

Upgrades are possible depending on date. Since you are looking at Sept. when things really slow down, you can certainly put in a request on your reservation or make a call direct now. (not 800 number) If not successful, when you check in be sure to ask. Sometimes it can be had for $20 or other smaller amount.

I would guess the nhsails Dec date stay is not later in the month around the holidays. The first couple weeks in Dec. are great values...for hotel AND cruising. ;) Same for September, altho this is trickier with hurricane season.

Edited by eandj

Funny to see all these kudos--we thought it was a dump! Very old, probably used to be beautiful but needs an upgrade desperately. We requested a marina view so our room was quite a hike from the entrance, and there was a huge yacht parked outside our room that totally blocked our view of everything. I also booked it for two critical reasons: guest laundry and water taxi stop. Neither of those was functioning during our stay, it was a LONG walk in extremely hot weather over the huge bridge to the next water taxi stop. They also told me there would be no taxis available to take us to the port and we would have to use their shuttle to get to the ship for $15/pp. Funny, when we walked outside with our luggage, there was a cab waiting that took us right to the ship for $10. They have lost our business. But rooms in the tower would probably be better. . .

Called the hotel direct. Asked about a tower room, was told they will only allocate if available at check in. I then asked if I could pay extra to guarantee a tower room and again got told this can only be done at check in - Very disapointed. Would have paid.

Stayed in a high floor tower room a few weeks ago. The room and the hallway, but not the bathroom, looked like it had just been refreshed. Bathroom was fine. It was very clean, bed was extremely comfortable. Walk to a large drug store. A steal at $99, I paid almost three times that. My last stay was at the Ritz Carlton, and I was fine with this hotel.

I'm staying there on 4/12 post cruise. I booked via hotwire. Total $150.00 I'm pretty open minded so hopefully we can overlook the "old" that many people talk about.

Enoy your cruise. Please come back to this thread and post your experience in the Hyatt.

If you aren't spending time in the room to enjoy the views, for the low cost, remember you have the whole hotel/CITY to enjoy.

I know that we don't spend a whole lot of time in the rooms we book in Ft. We eat and drink out of the hotel complex and take in what the city offers. Unless you are looking for special pool areas or restaurants in a resort, I'd say take the savings and find a nice view while out enjoying a meal overlooking the beach. ;)

Have a great time.

We stayed there before our Oasis cruise in October. We too, bid on Priceline and won at $109. I called the hotel directly to request a tower room. I was told what many have posted... ask upon arrival. It depends on availability.

When we arrived, I asked about upgrade. They noticed we were Hyatt Passport and was upgraded at no cost. I'm guessing several unhooked rooms.

We ate/had drinks at Pelican Landing. They were very busy, but service was good. Also, good food, great music and wonderful view. We enjoyed our stay, hope you do too!

Several years ago we booked through Hotwire and paid around 100./night for 3 nights. I also was afraid of getting one of the rooms out by the pool. Being very nice to the fellow that checked us in, he gave us a tower room without having to ask.

We had an ocean view where we saw ships coming and going. The pool area is great with one heated pool and other is not. The grounds are beautiful. The restaurants were good and our room was newly redecorated.

I would recommend this hotel without hesitation, and I would definitely stay there again.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently staying at the Hyatt pier 66. I booked via hotwire. Checked in on Sunday morning. It was very busy with people checking in and out at 9:30am. I didn't request a tower room and received a room overlooking the pool before noon. We lucked out getting in early. I have to say that it's perfect. Large, 2 double beds, balcony, it's perfect. Do not believe all the bad reviews. I would stay here again without any worries. I'm sure the tower rooms are nice but I would actually prefer to stay out here in the 2 story building by the pool.

Forgot to mention... it is about 1 mile to the beach. We walked it. However, if you want to eat towards beach place then it's much further... 2.5 miles. The tortogua music festival was located on the beach and a taxi would have been super expensive so we walked both ways...

cruisegirl29,

When I used to stay at Hyatt Regency Pier 66, I always had a room in one of the 2 story buildings. I always liked that area and was disapointed only once: had a room with no balcony that overlooked the marina.

They would get my business again if they would re-open the Top of the Pier Lounge.