Hyatt pier 66 - $99?

nhsails

Currently staying at the Hyatt pier 66. I booked via hotwire. Checked in on Sunday morning. It was very busy with people checking in and out at 9:30am. I didn't request a tower room and received a room overlooking the pool before noon. We lucked out getting in early. I have to say that it's perfect. Large, 2 double beds, balcony, it's perfect. Do not believe all the bad reviews. I would stay here again without any worries. I'm sure the tower rooms are nice but I would actually prefer to stay out here in the 2 story building by the pool.

Thanks for the information. We are staying there in August. Your comments help a lot. I'm not as nerves now. THANKS!!!!

Forgot to mention... it is about 1 mile to the beach. We walked it. However, if you want to eat towards beach place then it's much further... 2.5 miles. The tortogua music festival was located on the beach and a taxi would have been super expensive so we walked both ways...

I had friends that tried for an hour to get a cab from the music festival.

They finally hitched a ride back to Las Olas on a tug boat :p:p

We stayed there a couple of years ago in the tower room. We also booked through PL but had to wait until we arrived to upgrade to the tower room.

The room was on the 13th floor with a view of the canal. AWESOME! The water taxi was available at the time so I can't speak for what is going on now. The staff and room were excellent. The bathrooms were very nice as well. I hope this helps.

387015744_December232012056.jpg.c7e84431ede049babae9ac16ef419569.jpg

2073251483_December232012053.jpg.5dc03153c304aefa9b9f75d6b9cc8c5b.jpg

1825531782_December232012054.jpg.ea7f66a11b54871998a58558f1d2234c.jpg

Edited by Droop

LMTClub has rates @ 97.22 + 14.57 = 111.79 for our Monday post Thanksgiving cruise stay. The Hyatt Place Dania Beach is 125.25 after taxes and includes airport shuttle and breakfast. If the water taxi stop gets fixed within the next 5 months, that may sway us to choose the Pier 66.

• 1 month later...

I just booked Hyatt Pier 66 for pre and post cruise stay in December. After reading Trip Advisor, I got a little worried because the reviews are so mixed. Glad I popped on Cruise Critic, going to stick with it since I did get a great price. Thanks Cruise Critic members for reviews I feel I can trust!

Thank you. Knew it was a bit older but happy with deal. Pulled out Priceline, started downtown area 4 star at 99, rebid by adding beach area got it. $124.59 with taX and fees. Called hotel directly after confirmation number,told them HHilto Honors number, no points but bumped up to towe room. I promise I'll post about the stay when we get back. Appreciate all the info from everyone here over the years so happy to pay it back.

Debbi

Hi there,

I'm currently researching pre and post cruise hotels for next Feb (2016). I'm confused on a few of the posts regarding the Hyatt Pier 66. NHSAILS - you mention in your earlier post explaining how you got the winning bid that you called the hotel after the winning bid and gave them your Hilton Honors number. I didn't think Hyatt Regency accepted HH. Can you confirm this please?

We stayed in the upper Tower last November and were very pleased with our stay. I had booked and paid for that location using a AAA rate, and requested a view of the port so we could see the ships arriving in the morning.

Our room was clean, comfortable, and newly decorated, and the opportunity to take pictures of the Oasis arriving by stepping out onto the balcony in my pajamas was awesome!:) We would stay there again without question the next time we cruise from Fort Lauderdale, but unfortunately since that will be in mid-March the price is more than double what we paid in November!:eek:

IMG_7903W-L.jpg

We had one of the large corner (triangular) balconies facing the port. We could also see out past the coastline and see the Intercoastal. The view was awesome!

IMG_8023W-L.jpg

IMG_8048W-L.jpg

IMG_8112W-L.jpg

We are also planning to stay there the end of Feb. Haven't booked yet but was going to use a couple award nights. The water taxi was the main reason. Where would I find out if the stop is a permanent closer?

We are also planning to stay there the end of Feb. Haven't booked yet but was going to use a couple award nights. The water taxi was the main reason. Where would I find out if the stop is a permanent closer?

They don't mention it at all on their website any more. When I was there last November the Hyatt stop was supposed to have already reopened, but there was no sign of construction or evidence they were going to start using the stop again. We ended up walking across the bridge to catch the water taxi at the Hilton.

http://watertaxi.com/

They don't mention it at all on their website any more. When I was there last November the Hyatt stop was supposed to have already reopened, but there was no sign of construction or evidence they were going to start using the stop again. We ended up walking across the bridge to catch the water taxi at the Hilton.

http://watertaxi.com/

Another post by a local on Tripadvisor confirmed that the Hyatt Pier 66 water taxi stop is closed permanently - not reopening.