Recently off the Silver Galapagos

wishIweretravelling

headed myself to the Galapagos in May 2015...anything you would have done different?? any tips ? I can't wait!

Rosewood jo, I love your picture of the Blue Footed Boobie.

The trip is very active. We spent three nights in Quito after the long flight to rest and sight see. If you have the time, I recommend a few days in this lovely town pre cruise.

We are amateur naturalists and avid birders. The guides were very informative but I found it helpful that I studied the wildlife I was particularly interested in so that when we actually saw flora/fauna it was truly a satisfying experience and did not have to rely on a guide to provide an explanation or identify what I was seeing. We went to bed early each night and woke up early to experience all the Galapagos had to offer.

I read many book, blogs, every posting and review on cruise critic,watched videos and spoke to friends who visited the Galapagos; this prepared me for both the good and the challenges we might encounter.

Enjoy your trip.

• 4 weeks later...

57 Varieties thank you for the extensive daily blog. I am looking forward to your next post. Any comments on the results of the recent dry dock? We loved our trip on the Silver Galapagos in August and was wondering about the face lift.