Kentucky Bourbon?

basor

My DH and I were talking about this just last night...He enjoys his bourbon straight up with a coke on the side. He has a proclivity for Knob Creek single barrel reserve but Blanton's or Eagle Rare will also do.

We will email Seabourn with our preferences and hope for the best.

On the Legend I have enjoyed:

Makers Mark

Jack Daniels

Jim Beam

Wild Turkey

I am sure there was one other also a few years back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As a native Kentuckian, I must respectfully request (on threat of challenging you to a duel) that you not include Jack Daniels in a list of bourbons. Jack Daniels is sour mash whiskey and is common swill. And from Tennessee. :)

I offer these observations from another native Kentuckian. Bourbon does not have to be made in Kentucky although all of the best bourbons are. It does have to be made in a particular way and Jack Daniel’s does not qualify because it is filtered through charcoal not because it is a sour mash whiskey. Most bourbons use a sour mash recipe. Taste is an individual matter although most true bourbon drinkers wouldn’t be caught dead drinking Jack Daniels. :) Also, most bourbons, including Jim Beam, Wild Turkey, Knob Creek, etc., are made with rye. Maker’s Mark is made with wheat. The most sought after wheated bourbon is Pappy VanWinkle. An excellent substitute for Pappy is W.L. Weller which is made by the same distillery and which uses the same recipe as Pappy. I would be pleased to meet any bourbon aficionados in The Club on Seaboard Odyssey for the New Zealand / Australia cruise departing on February 7 where I will be partaking in my pre-dinner cocktail.

I offer these observations from another native Kentuckian. Bourbon does not have to be made in Kentucky although all of the best bourbons are. It does have to be made in a particular way and Jack Daniel’s does not qualify because it is filtered through charcoal not because it is a sour mash whiskey. Most bourbons use a sour mash recipe. Taste is an individual matter although most true bourbon drinkers wouldn’t be caught dead drinking Jack Daniels. :) Also, most bourbons, including Jim Beam, Wild Turkey, Knob Creek, etc., are made with rye. Maker’s Mark is made with wheat. The most sought after wheated bourbon is Pappy VanWinkle. An excellent substitute for Pappy is W.L. Weller which is made by the same distillery and which uses the same recipe as Pappy. I would be pleased to meet any bourbon aficionados in The Club on Seaboard Odyssey for the New Zealand / Australia cruise departing on February 7 where I will be partaking in my pre-dinner cocktail.

Give me pappy or give me eagle rare. None of this made in illinois stuff please. :D