cruise debarkation day to airport.....

cabinboy1945

We have never had to fly to cruise ports ( living in Florida) , but have decided to cruise the Pacific coast . There will be no issues flying in but the return flight time might be and wondering when debarkation from San Pedro, what would be a safe time to schedule an early flight home,say before noon? Being that we have to be at the air port 2 hours prior to flying,i'm assuming , the later , the better?

We have never had to fly to cruise ports ( living in Florida) , but have decided to cruise the Pacific coast . There will be no issues flying in but the return flight time might be and wondering when debarkation from San Pedro, what would be a safe time to schedule an early flight home,say before noon? Being that we have to be at the air port 2 hours prior to flying,i'm assuming , the later , the better?

I've used the time suggested by Princess and will use their airport transfer.

I would go no earlier then Noon.

Unless you have TSA Pre Check I think the security lines may start to get longer with the additional electronics that they will be checking.

If you can I would find a flight around 12:30 PM or even 1:00 PM.

Keith

I assume you are flying out of LAX. If that is the case and you have pre-check, it should be a breeze. I have flown out of LAX many times and we usually don't get to the airport until an hour before flight departure because we have pre-check.. If we want to spend some time in the airline lounge, then we get there sooner.:):)

As someone who spent a lot of time commuting on the 405 freeway (the one that leads to LAX) and has even been on that freeway on the weekend, my advice is to schedule your flight for noon at the earliest. You might be able to get to the airport earlier, but between customs/immigration and traffic that can be iffy at any time, I think it's safer.

Earliest noon or 1. Never know what you're going to encounter.

Beyond the usual cruise delays, could encounter accidents (and looky lous) construction, airport issues. How are you getting to the airport? Which airline?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums