Hoop to jump through to file a claim with Princess Protection.

chloe45

There are hoops to jump through to make a claim. I called my primary insurance carrier first and was told over the phone that I would not be covered because it was not life or limb and I was out of the country. Vacation protection is considered secondary insurance, therefore you need to get in writing from your primary insurance carrier. To get it in writing from your primary you need to actually file and claim via snail mail (at least that’s the way with Aetna). After they get it (via snail mail) they have 30 days to process. Then you can file with secondary. Who know how long they will take.

It hate insurance companies. Anything to delay payment….

There are hoops to jump through to make a claim. I called my primary insurance carrier first and was told over the phone that I would not be covered because it was not life or limb and I was out of the country. Vacation protection is considered secondary insurance, therefore you need to get in writing from your primary insurance carrier. To get it in writing from your primary you need to actually file and claim via snail mail (at least that’s the way with Aetna). After they get it (via snail mail) they have 30 days to process. Then you can file with secondary. Who know how long they will take.

It hate insurance companies. Anything to delay payment….

We have had to file a couple through the cruise line and our insurance Cigna.

It did not take that long to get the denial paperwork from Cigna and actually on one of the claims Cigna covered everything to my surprise.

At least I knew there was reimbursement coming at the end.

We had a claim a couple of years ago (Princess has a different carrier now, I think). The paperwork said to make a claim with the luggage handlers union first, then homeowners, then Princess insurance.

Got a little $$ from the union, didn't bother with homeowners (our claim was for a little over $600 and our deductible is $1000), sent the forms to Princess insurance and were reimbursed the balance of our claim (minus depreciation :(). The whole process took about 6 weeks.

The process may take time, however the alternative is to buy insurance that is primary. In which case you would pay substantially more. As far as delaying the insurance company does not know what it needs to pay until the primary insurance coverage entities review and indicate what if anything they will pay.

Not a delaying tactic, but instead is what you paid for with secondary coverage.

We have Aetna and called them (less than two weeks ago) and were told we could fax or mail. We faxed our claim to 859-455-8650.

The only difference for us is that they may pay some of our claim. We actually have two claims . One is while we were out of the country. Medicare is primary. We just had to fax them the page in the Medicare and You book that says Medicare won't cover it. Whatever Aetna doesn't pay we will send to our travel insurance.

I suggest you either fax to the claims fax number I mentioned or call Aetna again to confirm the fax #.

Edited by dickinson

We have Aetna and called them (less than two weeks ago) and were told we could fax or mail. We faxed our claim to 859-455-8650.

The only difference for us is that they may pay some of our claim. We actually have two claims . One is while we were out of the country. Medicare is primary. We just had to fax them the page in the Medicare and You book that says Medicare won't cover it. Whatever Aetna doesn't pay we will send to our travel insurance.

I suggest you either fax to the claims fax number I mentioned or call Aetna again to confirm the fax #.

Thanks for the fax number but if you are covered by Medicare then what you have with Aetna is probably some sort of Medi-Gap insurance and the process may be different.

NoI do not have Medigap insurance. My insurance is through dh former employer and is the same that current employees can pick no matter what their age. I think the rep you spoke with gave you wrong info. Not unheard of ;)

I tell people to photograph everything they own and put it in a bank box. Our fire cost us around 60K and we probably lost more that we couldn't remember. Then a tractor was destroyed and they argued with me. It was worth 22k I got 16. Took 2 years. They are on your side til it comes to payout. :mad:

I tell people to photograph everything they own and put it in a bank box. Our fire cost us around 60K and we probably lost more that we couldn't remember. Then a tractor was destroyed and they argued with me. It was worth 22k I got 16. Took 2 years.

They are on your side til it comes to payout. :mad:

Boy do you got that right!!!!! They have no problem taking your money and don't pay late or you will have to pay even more.

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

The process may take time, however the alternative is to buy insurance that is primary. In which case you would pay substantially more. As far as delaying the insurance company does not know what it needs to pay until the primary insurance coverage entities review and indicate what if anything they will pay.

Not a delaying tactic, but instead is what you paid for with secondary coverage.

We always pay an additional premium for the primary upgrade option.

Edited by easyboy