Need info on Tampa

love_the_sea

I tried searching but came up with basically nothing. We are going to be leaving from Tampa in early April and are going in the day before. Need suggestions on where to stay (I like Hampton Inn). How far is the airport from the port? Any other information you want to share! Thanks

tamps-M.jpg

9.6 miles and about 15-20 minutes.

Haven't sailed out of Tampa for a few years but we stayed at the Embassy Suites and I'd stay there again! You can see the ship on embarkation morning and they have a Managers Happy hour with finger food, free drinks and a massive breakfast buffet. And it is literally within walking distance to the ship. (I wouldn't try that with luggage but we did walk down the night before).

I like Hampton Inns too and I was extremely happy with the Embassy Suites.

Tampa airport is about 10 miles away from the port of Tampa they have a Hampton Inn nearby the airport and they have a shuttle to the port see Hampton Inns web site for details. There is also a big indoor mall very near to the hotel. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

tamps-M.jpg

9.6 miles and about 15-20 minutes.

Haven't sailed out of Tampa for a few years but we stayed at the Embassy Suites and I'd stay there again! You can see the ship on embarkation morning and they have a Managers Happy hour with finger food, free drinks and a massive breakfast buffet. And it is literally within walking distance to the ship. (I wouldn't try that with luggage but we did walk down the night before).

I like Hampton Inns too and I was extremely happy with the Embassy Suites.

Thanks for the quick replies! I will check out both of these. Now just to make it through the winter (although it still feels like summer here)!

Does anyone know the cost of a taxi vs Uber vs Lyft from airport to RCCL terminal in the port??

And is there somewhere to stop in between the airport and port to pick up a couple of bottles of wine (decent wine :p)??

• 5 weeks later...
Have you tried asking this on the Florida Departures board?

Thanks, I guess I thought that would be Ft.Lauderdale, Miami and Canaveral. I tend to think of Tampa as Gulf Coast. I think I got what I needed in the answers above but I may also go to that Board also.