Early saver

P&O SUE

The saver on my cruise in October has changed twice already. However, it now says saver and not Early Saver, so not sure.

For our cruise on Adonia next April, they have introduced an Early Saver fare which is more than I paid on Select to start with. However, the Select fare is now £400 more than we paid. This is for an inside cabin.

Edited by jeanlyon

They usually introduce the early saver fares, then three months before sailing they bring in the saver fare...

My current experience is we booked for Oriana canaries on the day the early saver fares came out and paid £549 pp for 12 nights which we thought was excellent value....the early saver fare has gradually increased up to £889 with the select fare being £979 or something like that.

The saver fare was introduced yesterday at £799...i expect that price to come down as we get nearer to sailing...I don't however think it will fall below what we paid for our early saver, or if it does it probably won't be much less.

I therefore think if you want to book an early saver the time to do it is when those fares are first released, else wait until the saver fares come in and hope there is availability etc.

Thank you both for your replies. It does seem the prices are strange at times.

I've booked select fare in the past but by the time I get my holiday confirmed at work I think the cruise I'm looking at will be going to an early saver (judging by a similar one I've been looking at which is 3 months earlier but already on early saver.)

So thanks Midsomer Madness I will probably book as soon as the early saver comes out as I want some say on my cabin etc!

Edited by P&O SUE

• 2 weeks later...
Do you get priority regarding restaurant sittings if you have booked earlier on an early saver fare rather than a saver fare?

With a saver fare you get no priority or choice at all of your restaurant sitting. You accept what you are given.

I think some people have managed to change it onboard ,but in no way is that guaranteed.

Early savers get their choices after the select fare payers have had their choices.

My TA told me that on the early saver fare P&O contact you about a month before your departure date to get your preferred restaurant sitting. The cruise personaliser is saying it is confirmed on board.