Cabin Allocation issue

@Porthole

Hi all.

Received cabin allocation today for Ventura in a few weeks. We requested Queen as it states on all our documents, however we have been given a fixed Twin room. We are a couple, all the other cabins on the cruise up from our grade are fully sold out?! What can we do? Do we have a leg to stand on, at the moment the customer services aren't being very understanding. We booked early saver last October and we sale September 10th. Very disappointed. We are expecting a call back tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by @Porthole

Oh dear,not sure what you can do..

normally just a case of moving beds together/apart,but as these are fixed.

If it were me I would forget contacting customer services ashore. Wait until you board, then go down to reception and explain the situation and see if there is any way you can be moved to a different cabin.

I think they are much more likely to be able to help onboard, than before you sail.

Its not unfair-its unfortunate.

I guess its one of the problems with not being able to pick a particular cabin. A request is a request, not a guarantee.

When we last cruised it was in a mini suite , said in all the paperwork bath/shower. After we had paid the balance that confirmation said shower only.......I was not happy at all

As it turned out we loved that cabin-even if it did only have a shower and no bath.

Hi thank you all for your speedy replies. Yes it is the JD grade which we booked, it is just unfortunate that we booked very early and specified our cabin type. I know Select are main priority but thought Early Saver was next and then Saver.

I will take all your advice and tips onboard. I'm not really selling this cruising thing to my girlfriend! It's her first cruise and it is for our anniversary and we have had no end of problems with P&O.

The guy on the phone said that our particular cabin is just a bit narrower than the others with a Twin fixed bed arrangement, they suggested unfixing the beds when we arrive, we just feel fobbed off and there will be a join between the mattresses! We're both 21 and going for our anniversary! I asked about a goodwill gesture and they said no. He was very rude. His manager was nicer and calling me back tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Nick

Edited by @Porthole

I hope that you will be able to put this behind you and enjoy your cruise, even if you are not able to get this changed. MrS and I spent much of our honeymoon in separate beds, it certainly provided the basis for some good stories! :D

I'm not sure you will be very lucky in getting an upgrade or compensation from P&O as from your past postings incl this one, it appears you have already been upgraded twice:

Haha yes, worked our way up from LA -> KA -> JD! I have received and updated booking confirmation stating the new grade change!

I am over the moon P&O, I know you will be reading this too!

I would count your blessings and move the bed together if I were you :) Like the others, we always have a Queen ie two mattresses zipped together and it's fine.

Edited by Scriv

Further to my earlier post above when I pointed out that this is the second free upgrade for you, I have just read all your past posts including this one:

No worries thanks for letting us know, I will do all I can to see if an upgrade is possible for low cost in a few weeks. If not it won't be the end of the world, only planning to sleep from about 1-2 am until about 9 am. We will be shattered when off to bed!

Also, I saw no mention in any other posts that it was your anniversary... it is interesting that you only mention it now.

I understand that P&O keep a record of all conversations and correspondence to do with a booking and they may well be thinking that you are trying it on, you know.

Edited by Scriv

And then, you see, there is this comment of yours which is just not true :

Yes it is the JD grade which we booked, it is just unfortunate that we booked very early and specified our cabin type.

You were upgraded to this cabin category because of your complaints to P&O if we are to believe what you said then.

Sorry, I have lost all my sympathy with your concern now. Zip the beds together and enjoy your second upgrade.

Edited by Scriv

I don't see an issue with this at all? I don't want to bore other users by saying 'oh yes we booked KA and got two upgrades'. No one likes a boaster. I also got those upgrades as I was let down twice by P&O and our cruise was mis-sold. It seems we can't fix them together, as they are fixed, I believe that is maybe why the guy is taking longer to call me back.

As I said before, we always have an inside cabin and I have never known a ship in the fleet to have fixed twin beds, it has always been possible to have them put together, unless someone can correct me?

Edited by jeanlyon

Sorry Jean......

As per P&O's Website FAQs for Ventura:

The following cabins have fixed twin berths:

P201, P202, P203, P204, P205, P206, P207, P208, P209, P210, P211, P214, P217, P218, P221, P222, P225, P226, P229, P230, P233

Not sure if they can be 'unfixed' though? Porthole said that an earlier person he spoke to seemed to think it possible.

Why are some twin beds fixed I wonder??

Edited by Scriv

As I said before, we always have an inside cabin and I have never known a ship in the fleet to have fixed twin beds, it has always been possible to have them put together, unless someone can correct me?

That would be great if you are correct. The agent said he was going to ask Ventura directly.

ImageUploadedByForums1409219779.299891.jpg.e26811488247b7ea408ee26474da0f80.jpg

The circle next to P201 means Fixed Twin beds.

Yes I agree with you, I don't want an upgrade. I just want a Queen bed which we ordered. :-)

@Porthole

I have seen somewhere a mention of some Ventura cabins having a 'fixed queen bed'...... whether that means that is actually a proper Queen bed ie one mattress? Not sure which grade these are though - have you seen them when you were looking at the available cabins?

Usually cabins have twin beds which they configure to a Queen and as everyone says, including me, they are really comfortable and you just don't notice.

Will be interesting what they come back with, especially as the agent is asking Ventura. Did you book through a High Street or an on-line agent?

Edited by Scriv