Looking for espadrilles...but with support

cruisemom42

Lois, which ones do you have?

I have trouble with some Vionics (I can't wear their flip flops), but I did find a pair of loafers that are comfortable. I couldn't wear them for all-day walking but they are good for a day at the office. :)

Wondering if anyone has tried their "Kea" style?

I own the KEA's:)......and I have started to walk (due to health reasons)......I wear these and find them

extremely comfortable:D and they are coming with me on my cruise to Europe.

Not only do shoe brands fit different feet differently, sometimes shoes from the same brand fit differently. I have found this to be true with Vionic. If you generally like the brand, why not try the shoe on YOUR feet to see how they fit?

I haven't ruled that out, but to be honest, I've yet to find ANY espadrille that doesn't either rub my heel, OR not stay up on my heel (the fabric always seems to want to scrunch down). I just got excited to see that Vionic made one, and I will look into it, but I suspect it won't work.

Meg, I am ONLY wearing Vionics these days and have a pair of walking shoes from them that I am bringing on my

next cruise.....sailing in August from Barcelona to Rome. They are a slip on, VERY comfortable and LOTS of support.

Do you have a picture or link you can post? I generally wear sandals, and am VERY picky about the look of any closed toe shoes I wear. I was thrilled to find Vionic a couple of years ago because they make some sandals that work great for me but don't look like orthopedic/sensible shoes, if you know what I mean. I'd love to find a closed toe shoe that has equal "style" but still has comfort, preferably something that doesn't need to be worn with socks, as it will still be fairly warm when/where I'd plan to wear them. I'd prefer something that looks more summery as opposed to a heavy duty walking shoes. (Note: I just started thinking about such options for my fall trip a few days ago and haven't spent a single minute actually looking yet to see what's available.)

Waterbug123, the only closed toe slip on I wear is Ecco. Great support & very comfortable. The pairs I have are leather

I currently have 4 pairs of Ecco shoes - I love them! (most - there have been a few styles I've tried that don't work for me) I have walking sandals, slip-on sneakers, lace-up sneakers, and the biom slip-on. Adore them all! (the lace up sneakers are a little too "industrial" to be pretty - but when I'm dealing with plantar fasciatis -as I was all last summer - darn do they make my feet feel good :hearteyes:)

I gave up on true espadrilles a few years ago when it became apparent I need real shoes with real support. As I mentioned early on in the thread, I do have a pair of peep toe Grasshopper wedges that are similar to an espadrille and comfortable to me (to wear - not for all day walking). But I'm more likely to wear a walking sandal in warm temps and have several options I love that fit & support me well....

Do you have a picture or link you can post? I generally wear sandals, and am VERY picky about the look of any closed toe shoes I wear. I was thrilled to find Vionic a couple of years ago because they make some sandals that work great for me but don't look like orthopedic/sensible shoes, if you know what I mean. I'd love to find a closed toe shoe that has equal "style" but still has comfort, preferably something that doesn't need to be worn with socks, as it will still be fairly warm when/where I'd plan to wear them. I'd prefer something that looks more summery as opposed to a heavy duty walking shoes. (Note: I just started thinking about such options for my fall trip a few days ago and haven't spent a single minute actually looking yet to see what's available.)

Here is a link

http://www.qvc.com/qvc.product.A279923.html?sc=PSCH

Thank you. That certainly looks comfortable, but style-wise it isn't at all what I'd be looking for. I have plenty of time, and as I mentioned before, I typically just wear Vionic sandals and can do that again. If for some reason it's going to be really cold, I can always take my clogs that have inserts in them.

Hi Meg, hope you find what you are looking for:).....these are great for walking. Due to health reasons, I have started

to walk every day after work. My feet are very comfy:)

I own the KEA's:)......and I have started to walk (due to health reasons)......I wear these and find them

extremely comfortable:D and they are coming with me on my cruise to Europe.

Thanks Lois, I think I'll give them a try as a secondary walking shoe for Europe.