Road to Hana swimming under waterfall

Dreamer115

We are taking the road to Hana tour with Valley Isle and apparently they stop to have a swim under a waterfall. My question is are there change rooms or do you carry on on the bus in wet bathing suits. One of my bucket list items is to swim under a water fall so sure hope we stop. I understand it only stops if the weather allows.

Thanks Connie

We will be doing the same tour on 9/25. You might be able to get info on their website or give them a call. No changing rooms at the waterfall. You might want to think twice about swimming under it- re falling rocks. They are having flash floods right now so that might affect going to the seven pools.

Unless this is some sort of "must do" for you, there are better things to do in Maui! The Road to Hana is a FULL day of bumpy roads....yes, there are some pretty sights, but pretty sights are everywhere in Hawaii!

You will be wet, until you dry off....wear a suit, and bring a towel!

We are taking the road to Hana tour with Valley Isle and apparently they stop to have a swim under a waterfall. My question is are there change rooms or do you carry on on the bus in wet bathing suits. One of my bucket list items is to swim under a water fall so sure hope we stop. I understand it only stops if the weather allows.

Thanks Connie

I would never swim in fresh water in Hawaii due to leptosprosis.

http://health.hawaii.gov/about/files/2013/06/leptobrochure.pdf

I would never swim in under a waterfall in Hawaii due to falling objects from the falls and flash flood possibilities up stream.

I would never swim in under a waterfall in Hawaii due to falling objects from the falls and flash flood possibilities up stream.

Me either for the same reasons. We will just sit by the pools. If our gruop decides they want to skip it I won't be upset.

Thanks Janice, that makes me feel better. Now I can go for a swim.

Connie :D

You're welcome, but please consider the risks.

Understand this is just my opinion, We have been to Hawaii ten times but never did the road to Hana so our last trip we decided to do it. Now our joke is we can never get that nine hours of our life back! We felt it is so over rated and nothing special with so many other fun things to see and do on Maui.

Even the seven pools, what a let down we have better falls and pools in our state so do your research and make sure it's right for you it's a really long day in a van with really no payoff in the end except you can say you did it.

Thanks for your input Taylor. There's so many activities to choose from on this cruise it's hard to narrow it down. We very carefully weighed all of the options. Of course it depends on what you want to get out of it. We are retired and want a relaxed trip.

It's all about individual preference. I wonder if there's a t-shirt that says I survived the road to Hana?

I just returned from 2 weeks in Maui - we did the Valley Isle Excursion Road to Hana and loved every moment of it!

That said, we did the journey on Tues Sept 6th, before the flooding, and the pools were closed and have been for a while now - we were disappointed but safety first is the rule!

We wore our suits and swam at black sands beach -

We just did the Road to Hana in September with Valley Isle. We did not stop to swim under the waterfall and the pools were closed. I had called beforehand and they said there was a place to change. We did stop at the pools, but it was muddy and not especially nice. Valley Isle runs a great tour, our guide was Debra and she was great, so informative and entertaining. The lunch was delicious. Pre-cruise, this was my top excursion to do, however I would not do it again. We saw some awesome things,and enjoyed our day, but it was an extremely LONG day! By the end of the day, we were exhausted and felt it was just too much driving and getting in and out of the van. If this is a tour you really want to do, just go into it knowing it will be a long day, but you will see some awesome things and get great pictures. My advice would be don't schedule an early tour the next day, we did the sunrise ( it was one of the best things we did ), but was tough getting up at 2am. Enjoy your cruise!!!