Best way for group of 10 to go from Port Everglades to Ft. Lauderdale airport?

bluecruise1

As commonly discussed here- just takes a little reading, taxi is about $15, for the taxi, and you can get 3 in most standard taxis, with bags. Or a van/SUV taxi...5 people is still $15 for the taxi. Then you could save 3 or 4 dollars using Uber, but that might be a little more complex with a bigger group.

Cruise line transfers are rarely the best way to go, in Ft Lauderdale, they are just not smart at all. Sounds like some cruise lines are dropping their prices to compete (Princess is fairly reasonable as well).

Of course you can use taxi's by splitting your group up. If you prefer to all stay together as we did last month for our group of 7 (and needed a car seat provided) we used and will highly recommend South Florida Shuttles.

Great on time service..and we also needed to be dropped off at FLL at 3 different terminals (no extra charge). We will definitely use this company again when needed.

(954) 227-0311

www.southfloridashuttles.com

This past March I had a group of 9 to get from the port to Ft Lauderdale airport. Upon exiting the terminal at Port Everglades, there were several mini vans lined up, I asked one driver if he had room for 9 to the airport, he replied yes, I asked how much, $11/person. We thought that was reasonable without breaking up our group.

Hope this helps.

This past March I had a group of 9 to get from the port to Ft Lauderdale airport. Upon exiting the terminal at Port Everglades, there were several mini vans lined up, I asked one driver if he had room for 9 to the airport, he replied yes, I asked how much, $11/person. We thought that was reasonable without breaking up our group.

Hope this helps.

Sorry doone, but this sounds like you got conned into the per person shuttle game. They make a ton of money on this. Although $11pp is lower than the usual $15pp ones.

Thanks for all the responses! I was hoping to spend less than $100 to get us all back to the airport, and would have liked to keep the group together until the airport. The vans at the port will work, especially now that I know that they shouldn't charge more than $15 for the whole van, NOT per person. Thanks for that info, CruiserBruce!

Sorry doone, but this sounds like you got conned into the per person shuttle game. They make a ton of money on this. Although $11pp is lower than the usual $15pp ones.

Your quite possibly correct CruiserBruce, but at the time, it worked................considering the ship was offering transportation to the airport for $19/person.........

A bit more info in addition to my post #3....

For a group the OP's size 9+ South Florida Shuttles (MBZ Sprinter vans) is priced at $6.00pp....it's a private van just for you so no sharing and making stops that don't apply to your needs. Quick, direct & easy when you have a group that prefer's to stay together.

We use Jiffy Jeff transportation and they charge $10pp.

They have 14 passenger Mercedes sprinter vans.

Highly recommend this company.

www.gojiffyjeff.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Jiffy Jeff is great...I spoke to him directly about our needs for last month and our group of 7 and needing him to provide a car seat...would have used him again...however his price was a bit more than South Florida Shuttles this time.

Thanks for all the responses! I was hoping to spend less than $100 to get us all back to the airport, and would have liked to keep the group together until the airport. The vans at the port will work, especially now that I know that they shouldn't charge more than $15 for the whole van, NOT per person. Thanks for that info, CruiserBruce!

Great you were able to do "best" for your particular needs. Just remember to allow time for the long taxi waiting line and hopefully they'll be a couple of taxi vans that you can use....worst case scenario you can always use 3 regular taxi's. Enjoy and best of luck !