Odd question - Best Hair Salon?

dolfinmusic

Please let me get back to you. My daughter-in-law and son married in Key West two years ago. All the women in the wedding went to a place which is upstairs and not easy to find. We had our hair and make-up done and had a wonderful time. We all really liked what was done and didn't feel the make-up and hair was too theatrical or dramatic. It was natural, but dressy. I wish the young woman could do my hair and make-up every day!

I will have to ask my daughter-in-law the name and address for you because I don't recall. Give me a day or two to get back to you. I'll try to get a phone number or e-mail for you so you can confirm the time and pricing.

Please let me get back to you. My daughter-in-law and son married in Key West two years ago. All the women in the wedding went to a place which is upstairs and not easy to find. We had our hair and make-up done and had a wonderful time. We all really liked what was done and didn't feel the make-up and hair was too theatrical or dramatic. It was natural, but dressy. I wish the young woman could do my hair and make-up every day!

I will have to ask my daughter-in-law the name and address for you because I don't recall. Give me a day or two to get back to you. I'll try to get a phone number or e-mail for you so you can confirm the time and pricing.

Great!!!! Thank you so much! :)

OK, I am back. We used Key West Hair and Make-up. The number is 305-731-3753. The address is 402 Appelrouth Lane (just off Duval), Suite 2B.

It is not a posh location, so if that is what you prefer, you may want to check out other suggestions above.

This place airbrushes the make-up and it stays on very well in spite of Key West's heat and humidity. My skin is very sensitive and frankly I worried about having this done, but it was so light, I barely felt it and, yes, it did stay on the entire afternoon and evening.

Also, I have thin, fine, straight hair. Somehow the hairdresser made my hair look full and elegant. I was amazed and it stayed nice for the entire event too.

One disadvantage is that the studio has no parking, so you have to be dropped off and picked up. That might be inconvenient for you. It is also a second floor walk-up, so if you have someone in your party who is challenged by stairs, they might not be able to negotiate the stairs.

As an aside, I got lost and ended up at Headlines. They seemed very nice in there and everyone seemed to know everyone there, so perhaps many local regulars use it. I wouldn't hesitate to go there based on the warm and happy atmosphere. Also, there would be no parking problem or stairs challenge there.

If you would like to check the place we used at least for comparisons, click on:

http://www.keywesthairandmakeup.com

Have a wonderful Key West weddding.

OK, I am back. We used Key West Hair and Make-up. The number is 305-731-3753. The address is 402 Appelrouth Lane (just off Duval), Suite 2B.

It is not a posh location, so if that is what you prefer, you may want to check out other suggestions above.

This place airbrushes the make-up and it stays on very well in spite of Key West's heat and humidity. My skin is very sensitive and frankly I worried about having this done, but it was so light, I barely felt it and, yes, it did stay on the entire afternoon and evening.

Also, I have thin, fine, straight hair. Somehow the hairdresser made my hair look full and elegant. I was amazed and it stayed nice for the entire event too.

One disadvantage is that the studio has no parking, so you have to be dropped off and picked up. That might be inconvenient for you. It is also a second floor walk-up, so if you have someone in your party who is challenged by stairs, they might not be able to negotiate the stairs.

As an aside, I got lost and ended up at Headlines. They seemed very nice in there and everyone seemed to know everyone there, so perhaps many local regulars use it. I wouldn't hesitate to go there based on the warm and happy atmosphere. Also, there would be no parking problem or stairs challenge there.

If you would like to check the place we used at least for comparisons, click on:

http://www.keywesthairandmakeup.com

Have a wonderful Key West weddding.

Great! Thanks for the info! It is only me and we are sailing in on a cruise ship so I have no car to park. lol. Just figure I would taxi from and too as I do not care to sweat like a pig! Not sure how it will be in November but I am sure it will be hot enough! I am not posh either and would like something more affordable than I have been seeing! Thanks again!