SB Club Benefits

kathy16

As "silver" members, we need to choose a benefit for our next cruise on Sojourn and I am looking at either SB club signature massage or a Day in spa at serene area, vs 10% off excursions. Any idea what the relative price of the spa amenities are?

Thanks,

Kathy

The spa is pricey. Are you considering any excursions? That would make a difference.
Jane, I love the free bag of laundry each week, but I wonder does that mean that if you put in shirts, they are ironed and come back on hangers, or is it just folded? I may have to ask Seabourn. We have a wash and wear tux shirt that you can't tell it from a dry cleaned one! We always put it in as back-up. When we sent the bag out normally, everything is ironed and on hangers. I just wondered if restrictions. The policy is in effect now, right? Someone has tried it for sure.

Jane, I love the free bag of laundry each week, but I wonder does that mean that if you put in shirts, they are ironed and come back on hangers, or is it just folded? I may have to ask Seabourn. We have a wash and wear tux shirt that you can't tell it from a dry cleaned one! We always put it in as back-up. When we sent the bag out normally, everything is ironed and on hangers. I just wondered if restrictions. The policy is in effect now, right? Someone has tried it for sure.

Wash and folded only...no hangers RNH!:eek::mad::eek:

Wash and folded only...no hangers RNH!:eek::mad::eek:
Oh well....I guess I could iron, ha! Irons are easier to get than washers and dryers, and I have never minded ironing. A lot of people do....and on these trips you really don't have that much ironing, at least I don't. Anything good I send out and I can take an iron and smooth out the folds in the wash and wear. It's still nice to have.

Oh well....I guess I could iron, ha! Irons are easier to get than washers and dryers, and I have never minded ironing. A lot of people do....and on these trips you really don't have that much ironing, at least I don't. Anything good I send out and I can take an iron and smooth out the folds in the wash and wear. It's still nice to have.

True, never saw a fist fight over an iron in the Launderette Room...washer and dryers...that's another thing!:eek::rolleyes::eek:

As Gold members, we get two amenities. We are thinking about the 10% discount on excursions and the bag of laundry.

The benefits are nice to have but not actually that valuable. Maybe around $200 altogether.

As Gold members, we get two amenities. We are thinking about the 10% discount on excursions and the bag of laundry.

The benefits are nice to have but not actually that valuable. Maybe around $200 altogether.

That's what we will do also. It's per person, so that means two bags of laundry per week if you are a couple, right?

True, never saw a fist fight over an iron in the Launderette Room...washer and dryers...that's another thing!:eek::rolleyes::eek:
No fist fights over ions but if two people in there using washer and dryer and any of them are of any size....there is no room to iron...you have to choose to be in their way or get hit by the door!!! The laundry room does sort of bring out the worst in people!

I noticed that too- therefore my question - about the relative value of the SB club amenities

Kathy,

Just pick the benefit that is most useful to you.

The price of the benefit does not really matter,it is the benefit itself that matters.

It is truly per person. We are platinum, so we can actually get all 6 items if we wished. (3 per guest). I think we will do 1- 4 hour internet, 2 bags of laundry, 1 massage, 20% off premium wines and spirits and 15% off excursions. The % benefits are for all guests in the suite.

Host Dan

PS Dont want or need the 40 minute phone call!

It is truly per person. We are platinum, so we can actually get all 6 items if we wished. (3 per guest). I think we will do 1- 4 hour internet, 2 bags of laundry, 1 massage, 20% off premium wines and spirits and 15% off excursions. The % benefits are for all guests in the suite.

Host Dan

I do... to call my pooches from the ship...send your minutes over Dan!:eek:;):eek:

On the Seabourn website is says that the 10% off excursions is per cabin.

I.E. You get 10% off as a couple, deducted from the combined cost of your excursion. You can't both opt for it to get 20%.

The laundry, however is per person. So if you are Silver (like us) you can have 10% of excursions and One free bag of laundry ( or whatever). It is unclear whether, if you are on a back to back, you would therfore get a second free bag of laundry on the subsequent leg.

Host Dan

Excellent. Thanks Dan.

I had no idea these club benefits existed. I just looked at my account and it turns out I'm a Platinum member. How long has this program been in effect? We have sailed Seabourn for many years and this is the first I have heard of it.

We have friends who sailed Seabourn last year for the first time. They have sailed Silverseas many times and have been loyal to them because they get free laundry. We encouraged them to try seabourn after we arranged the first time cruisers referral. They sailed for 28 days so they are already Silver members and do get some free laundry. Perhaps this will encourage other Silverseas passengers to give Seabourn a try.

I had no idea these club benefits existed. I just looked at my account and it turns out I'm a Platinum member. How long has this program been in effect? We have sailed Seabourn for many years and this is the first I have heard of it.

We have friends who sailed Seabourn last year for the first time. They have sailed Silverseas many times and have been loyal to them because they get free laundry. We encouraged them to try seabourn after we arranged the first time cruisers referral. They sailed for 28 days so they are already Silver members and do get some free laundry. Perhaps this will encourage other Silverseas passengers to give Seabourn a try.

All came into effect on June 1st this year.:eek:

Thanks Seabourntraveller. I know that guests loyal to Seabourn have noted the changes that have been made to what we all have come to know and expect from Seabourn. Some of these changes have not been to our liking but this change in my opinion is a good one.

I know "value" is relative, but does anyone know what exactly a "signature massage" and:a day in the serene spa" consists of and comparably the approximate costs, so I would have a ballpark figure to assess what I want to choose.

Thanks,

Kathy

So !

To be absolutely clear - the better half and I are gold members and about to input prefernces for a September cruise. If I tick the 10% tour discount and the Internet options can the BH tick a massage AND the laundry and still get the 10% tours discount. Reason I ask is that when I tick my two (10% plus internet) everything else for me blanks out but BH still has two options UNLESS I also tick the 10% tours for her. A little confusing still.

Archived