Jalhousie beach

Arzeena

We would really like to do the Jalhousie Beach excursion in St Lucia.

Is Spencer Ambrose our only option or do others offer this exursion? Can anyone help with any information please?

Anybody has any info on Ti Kayae on Anse Cocohon? How far is this?

Edited by Arzeena

Spencer is the only operator who offers a full beach day, with speed boat transfer. There are other tour companies that can organize this trip, but it will probably cost more as it's not a "normal" tour. You can visit on your own if you like with r/t taxi, but that will running you $200us for the taxi and the ride is 1.15 hours each way at best.

It Kaye is about 35 or so minutes from port, and they do offer day passes also with lunch, beach etc. Info is at their website. You won't see the Pitons, etc from there, but decent option if you want beach and snorkel.

Enjoy your visit.

• 5 weeks later...

I have no idea why you want an option other than Spencer. It was a great fun but safe speed boat ride which got us to the beach early enough to get chairs before the crowds. Drinks all day and a more than decent lunch were provided. The beach was wonderful but I would recommend beach shoes if you can not tolerate stepping on small stones/pebbles.

I highly recommend Spencer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm looking into Herod's piton adventure coastal cruise as a possible alternative to Spencer ambrose because he stops at Anse Chastanet as well as Jalousie so would be interested to hear responses too. Both seem to get v good reviews but I'd quite like to experience another snorkel stop.

Edited by dreadnought101

We were in St. Lucia in May 2013 on a cruise stop and we did the "Jalousie Beach Break" through Spencer Ambrose and I highly recommend it. We had the option of booking a similar tour through the cruise line but that would have only allowed an hour and a half at Jalousie Beach, whereas with Spencer's tour, we had about five hours, which allowed plenty of time to snorkel and enjoy the beach (beautiful) without feeling "rushed". It was a very fun and relaxing day. The lunch was very good and, as mentioned, there is an unlimited supply of drinks (alcohol and non-alcohol) of rum punch, Piton beer, coke, diet coke, and water, which was included in the price of the tour. We paid $85.00 per person, which covered everything (transportation to and from, use of snorkel gear, loungers, lunch and drinks). I just checked the website and it's still $85.00 per person. It is well worth it. From the ship, it was about 45 minutes on the speedboat with a few stops and photo opportunities. On the return trip to the ship, you'll get the "Sea Tour" portion, we traveled closer to the cost with several stops for explanations and descriptions and plenty of photo opportunities. It was one of the best tours we've ever done while on a cruise.