Taxi by the hour?

PAPERBKWRITER

You can walk around Royal Naval Dockyard (the complex where Kings Wharf is located)...no need for a taxi. Or if walking is a problem there's a free tram that runs from the cruise ship piers around the Dockyard. You can get off and on as you please at the tram stops.

But if you really are asking about a taxi tour that goes to places outside the Dockyard, the tariff calls for a three hour minimum. The rate is $50 per hour for up to 4 passengers in the taxi or $70 per hour for 5 - 7 passengers. Those rates are for the vehicle, not per person.

You can walk around Royal Naval Dockyard (the complex where Kings Wharf is located)...no need for a taxi. Or if walking is a problem there's a free tram that runs from the cruise ship piers around the Dockyard. You can get off and on as you please at the tram stops.

But if you really are asking about a taxi tour that goes to places outside the Dockyard, the tariff calls for a three hour minimum. The rate is $50 per hour for up to 4 passengers in the taxi or $70 per hour for 5 - 7 passengers. Those rates are for the vehicle, not per person.

That's what I needed. Wife has foot problems and walking any distance is out for us. I'm glad you specified for the vehicle and not pp. Very good information. Thanks.

I don't know which day of the week you will be in Bermuda but if on a holiday, or Sat or Sun taxi rates are +25%.

Many Bermuda taxi drivers are also licensed guides. Their taxis are identified by a flag (I think blue but can't really remember...) Try to get one of those. And give him or her carte blanche to take you wherever they think you should go for the time you have available. From the Dockyard (agree - walk around there and it is not all that interesting...) you can go to Gibbs Hill Lighthouse for lovely views, see the south shore beaches which are beautiful, maybe the Botanic Garden if that is of interest and have the taxi drop you in Hamilton. Then take the ferry back to the Dockyard...

Thanks!

Getting a blue flag taxi is a great idea. If I remember correctly, to get that rate you have to book a minimum of 3 hours.

Those taxi ( if hired for the hourly rate ) have no surcharge on sunday.

Have fun !

I don't know which day of the week you will be in Bermuda but if on a holiday, or Sat or Sun taxi rates are +25%.

Many Bermuda taxi drivers are also licensed guides. Their taxis are identified by a flag (I think blue but can't really remember...) Try to get one of those. And give him or her carte blanche to take you wherever they think you should go for the time you have available. From the Dockyard (agree - walk around there and it is not all that interesting...) you can go to Gibbs Hill Lighthouse for lovely views, see the south shore beaches which are beautiful, maybe the Botanic Garden if that is of interest and have the taxi drop you in Hamilton. Then take the ferry back to the Dockyard...

There are no surcharges on Saturday taxi fares other than after midnight.

The surcharges of 25% for 1-4 passengers in a taxi or 50% for 5-7 passengers in taxi apply on Sundays, holidays and any day between midnight and 6 am. The Sunday/holiday surcharges apply to metered fares, not to the hourly tour rental rates of $50 for 1-4 passengers or $70 for 5-7 passengers...normally with a 3 hour tour minimum.

The licensed tour guides are identified by the blue flag.

Does anyone know of any taxi web sites so we can arrange for a day trip for DW and myself? Wife has extreme walking problems and we would like a blue flag taxi to take us around, first day off boat last week of may 2015 Thank you:D

There are no websites I know of for blue flag guides, but this long-running thread titled "Bermuda private guide" http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1198339 has the names and contact information for a number of blue flag drivers who have been used by Cruise Critic posters over the years. As the thread is long, and much of the older information may no longer be accurate, I suggest you focus on reading the posts made in 2013-2014 and skip the older posts.