Just got email our cruise has been canceled

bunchesofun

We were supposed to cruise Oct 25, 2015 on the Pride and they are changing the itineraries so our cruise has been canceled. I just booked a Cabana last night too. This is the pits. Trying to get hold of my PVP and rebook.

what kind of new itinerary is it that they canceled the cruise?

Bill

Says they are starting 5, 6, 8, 10 and 14 day cruises to Bahamas, Grand Turk, Port Canaveral, and Bermuda.

Thanks for the reply and i'm sorry that your cruise got canceled.

I've always wanted to do that cruise myself but never seem to book it.

The new format seems interesting though. Maybe they will have something you like when they let you know the new itineraries.

Royal has the Grandeur leaving for 8 days on October 24th that seems pretty cheap but it's like the other pride itinerary to the Bahamas.

Good luck :)

Bill

I believe that the issue is that the Port of Baltimore is double booked for some Sundays starting in Oct 2015.. Royal Caribbean booked the Grandeur for Sundays when Carnival had pulled out of Baltimore last year.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2078235

According to RCI's website they don't have any cruises departing on any Sundays in October.

They have :

Oct 1 Thursday

Oct 9 Friday

Oct 15 Thursday

Oct 24 Saturday

Bill

Were you offered any kind of compensation?

I am not sure what year it was, but we were booked on Celebration out of Jacksonville and the cruise was cancelled.

We were already packing, so it was last minute.

But the good part was we were offered a cruise at half price.

It was not half off the fees, but it was half off the cruise itself.

I don't know if they still do that or if it is just for last minute cancellations.

Edited by mzloolue

According to RCI's website they don't have any cruises departing on any Sundays in October.

They have :

Oct 1 Thursday

Oct 9 Friday

Oct 15 Thursday

Oct 24 Saturday

Bill

I think that the actual problem is that the Grandeur cruise ends on Sunday Nov. 1, 2015. So, I need to edit the previous post to read - starting in Nov. 2015. The Grandeur is also set to sail on Sunday Dec. 27, 2015

Edited by BigDoug

I think that the actual problem is that the Grandeur cruise ends on Sunday Nov. 1, 2015. So, I need to edit the previous post to read - starting in Nov. 2015. The Grandeur is also set to sail on Sunday Dec. 27, 2015

Glad they got that sorted out :rolleyes:

Now I want to find out more about the alternative itineraries.

I've been checking on a price for the Pride for the April 24, 2016 sailing for months. My plan was to book while on board in a few weeks. Just looked today, and now they only have 1 sailing for April 3, 2016 listed. I hope they get this figured out with in the next week or so, before we leave.

You all are scaring me. I had a short 2 night wedding cruise on Norwegian out of NYC and they cancelled that on me two weeks ago.

We've come to decide that we're doing the Labor Day cruise on the Pride and they're already rearranging things in October 2015?!?!?!? I'm not booked on this yet, but will book in the next day or two.

Fortunately, if they cancel, I got many different choices in this time frame on the Pride, so hopefully, I'll be okay.

Wedding planning sucks.

We are booked on the October 18th, Pride. We received an email today saying they had to change our itinerary. Going to Nassau instead of Freeport and adding an extra day. So basically an 8 day instead of 7 with the one change in port (still going to HMC and Grand Turk). No extra charge to us. All excursions will be refunded and will need to be re booked. We are very happy to have the extra day. Sorry for those who had their cruise cancelled.

Edited by ksoccermom

I've been checking on a price for the Pride for the April 24, 2016 sailing for months. My plan was to book while on board in a few weeks. Just looked today, and now they only have 1 sailing for April 3, 2016 listed. I hope they get this figured out with in the next week or so, before we leave.

I'm hoping they get it figured out and announced before our September cruise. I'd love different itineraries from Baltimore. We've done all that has been offered by RCL and Carnival, not to mention Celebrity when they sailed out of Baltimore. We'd book again in a heartbeat if going someplace other than the same ports. I wish one of the lines would put the Baltimore round trip to Quebec City back on the list. That was such a great cruise.

Hi

I just got the same email everyone else received. The problem is the RCL Grandeur of the Sea is taking the dock in Baltimore on certain Sundays.

I called Carnival and talked to a couple of people there. The PVP's did not know about the cancelations or what cruised will replace them. What I did get was that this Friday Carnival will be posting the schedule of the cruises to replace the canceled ones.

May statement to them was that I was upset since I have already had a Nov2014 canceled and a b2B Feb 2015 canceled.

I also told them it would be better busiess practice to announce the new schedule the same day the sent the cancelation.

Oh well, May look into RCL on Oct 25th.