dining on Sun Princess,

oceanfan1212

We just booked a cruise for next year to South Pacific on Sun Princess, Our TA asked if we wanted 5 or 7:30 (or something like that) for dinner. Sun has no anytime? Is it fixed seating or just a reservation? I know that the small ships have fixed seating, but Sun has 2k passengers. Enlightenment on this, please. Thanks.

Thanks for information. Now does that means you dine with the same people every night? Or is it more a matter of telling the Maitre d "a table to share" ? I ask because one of my pleasures (among many) of cruising is meeting lots of new people.

Thanks for information. Now does that means you dine with the same people every night? Or is it more a matter of telling the Maitre d "a table to share" ? I ask because one of my pleasures (among many) of cruising is meeting lots of new people.

You dine with the same people every night. We also like to meet new people so when you dine for breakfast and lunch in the dining room, you will meet different people. We prefer that to Horizon Court.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It will seem different to do fixed seating again. We have gotten so used to Anytime. But I am sure it will be fine. I like your suggestion of eating in the MDR at breakfast/lunch. Actually, we often do this on sea days. We are looking forward (even though it is a long ways away in 2016.) It is our 20th anniversary so wanted something special.

• 2 months later...

YES same time with the same people each night .

This is just sheer LAZINESS on Princess Australia part as when these ships were in US service one MDR was fixed time dining and the other Anytime dining .

Golden and Sapphire when cruising out of Australia offer Fixed and Anytime dining .

YES same time with the same people each night .

This is just sheer LAZINESS on Princess Australia part as when these ships were in US service one MDR was fixed time dining and the other Anytime dining .

Golden and Sapphire when cruising out of Australia offer Fixed and Anytime dining .

I can recall that when the first of the Australian-based Princess ships (I think it was the Sun) started cruising out of Australia, Princess announced that there would only be traditional dining "because Australians do not like Anytime Dining". I do not know where they did their research. :D

I feel that Anytime Dining (that was later introduced on the P&O ships operating out of Australia) doesn't work well the way P&O does it on those ships.

We have cruised on the Diamond Princess and loved the Anytime Dining.

I feel it is a pity that on the Sun/Dawn/Sea they don't have one dining room traditional dining and the other anytime dining.