Taking soft drink on embarking.

spangleduster

Probably not. I've taken 12 packs of soda without a problem Do not take a partially full bottle, they may make you dump it. Factory sealed is best (which means there is no booze in it).

Ditto. We've not had problems taking on packs of cans or unopened bottles. (Assuming Orange Squash is like Orange Crush ? )

Edited by Suitcasefull

So you just embark the ship with 12 cans of soda tucked under your arms and no one says anything.

Not sure about specific requirements for RC, but we've taken sodas onboard both HAL and DCL. DCL requests that beverages brought onboard be inside carry on bags (covered). HAL had no request except that it be hand carried onboard (not in checked bags). We just (each) carried a 12 pack of soda on HAL.

EDIT: Well, I looked up the beverage policy on the RC site. Here's what it says (bolding mine):

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqType=faq

Edited by Shmoo here

Not sure about Royal Caribbean so you might want to ask on the RC board and check the FAQs on the Royal Caribbean website too. On our Princess cruises, we'll put two-liter bottles (I don't like soda from cans as I can usually taste the metallic aftertaste) along with other things we didn't want to put in our suitcase, in a big plastic crate, tape a luggage tag on it and give to the porter with some cash. After it gets to our cabin, and a bottle or two gets in our cabin fridge), we usually shove the crate under one of the beds.

I'll also put a couple of 24-oz bottles in my carryon.

But again, that's Princess.

Hmm, wasn't aware RC had that policy Shmoo found but have carried on Cokes to NCL in a roll-aboard bag. NCL has Pepsi products which is fine with DH but not me. Forgot to tell them the cans were in there once so when it hit x-ray they asked what it was but that was all. I was too worried I'd forget to tell them about the two bottles of wine in my shoulder bag that I wanted to remember to tell them about so they wouldn't get me for smuggling. :)

You might want to check with the cruiseline by emailing your enquiry to their customer services. Then, if they agree that in your circumstances it would be OK to take a sealed bottle of squash, print off the email response and carry it with you in case any one queries it at embarkation. I'm sure you will be fine, but it's better to be sure in advance.

I have seen some 'new' small packages of squash advertised, which could be convenient to carry and wouldn't appear as beverages. They are super-concentrated, called Robinsons Squash'd and there is a website here. Unfortunately there are only three flavours, the closest would be orange and peach.

You might want to check with the cruiseline by emailing your enquiry to their customer services. Then, if they agree that in your circumstances it would be OK to take a sealed bottle of squash, print off the email response and carry it with you in case any one queries it at embarkation. I'm sure you will be fine, but it's better to be sure in advance.

I have seen some 'new' small packages of squash advertised, which could be convenient to carry and wouldn't appear as beverages. They are super-concentrated, called Robinsons Squash'd and there is a website here. Unfortunately there are only three flavours, the closest would be orange and peach.

+1. Let the cruiseline know of this special requirement. I'll bet they say "OK".

Thank you for this information.

I love anything with peach flavor.

Does anyone beside me find it funny that people see nothing wrong with bringing soft drinks/water onboard (when the line has a rule against it that goes unenforced) yet will rant and rave that someone wearing a polo shirt and khakis in the MDR on formal nights is ruining their vacation (when the line does not enforce a suggested attire)?

Guess it just depends on which ones they like to follow...

Does anyone beside me find it funny that people see nothing wrong with bringing soft drinks/water onboard (when the line has a rule against it that goes unenforced) yet will rant and rave that someone wearing a polo shirt and khakis in the MDR on formal nights is ruining their vacation (when the line does not enforce a suggested attire)?

Up until now, this has been a civilized discussion. No one has said anything about how it's OK to bring the drinks onboard, regardless of the policy of this specific cruiseline. Just suggestions about talking to the cruiseline involved.

Why turn it into another "don't break the rules" thread?

All of the cruiselines I've sailed allow bringing some soda/water and a 750ml bottle of wine.

HAL, Carnival & Princess.

After looking at the website you've linked to, I'm getting the idea that this is more of a flavor additive, rather than a whole soda (when I see "soda," I think of Coke, Pepsi, RC drinks that are carbonated and available in bottles and cans). If this is the case, there are flavor additives such as Miso, Crystal Lite, etc., that many of us do take on a cruise and then add to water. If this is the case, I don't see any problem with this no matter the cruise line.

I suppose what you are referring to happens all the time -- especially when completing the health questionnaire at embarkation. I have not done any rants about dress, but don't think a golf shirt is OK for formal night. IMO if the young fellow needs the flavoring, then they should pursue bringing it on board.

does anyone know the email address of royal caribean?, as the only one i can find is post cruise email address.

On your booking (0n line) there should be a section for "special needs". Maybe you could explain there that you need to bring the bottle of orange flavoring for your son.

After looking at the website you've linked to' date=' I'm getting the idea that this is more of a flavor additive, rather than a whole soda (when I see "soda," I think of Coke, Pepsi, RC drinks that are carbonated and available in bottles and cans). If this is the case, there are flavor additives such as Miso, Crystal Lite, etc., that many of us do take on a cruise and then add to water. If this is the case, I don't see any problem with this no matter the cruise line.[/quote']

The OP is from the UK, and is referring to fruit flavour concentrates which you dilute (they don't mention 'soda'). We cannot buy Crystal Lite, Miso etc, but we can buy Robinson's products! I was trying to tailor my answer to the original question, where they refer to '... water with diluted orange squash in it." I think what we call 'squash' you call 'crush', but I'm not sure.

The OP is from the UK, and is referring to fruit flavour concentrates which you dilute (they don't mention 'soda'). We cannot buy Crystal Lite, Miso etc, but we can buy Robinson's products! I was trying to tailor my answer to the original question, where they refer to '... water with diluted orange squash in it." I think what we call 'squash' you call 'crush', but I'm not sure.

That's why I wanted to point out to the OP that if this product is a little package that you squeeze into water (which it looked like from the website), it's a flavoring product which I can't believe any cruiseline would be against. It's not alcohol, it's not a beverage into itself (so it wouldn't be competing against the ship's beverage service).

"Crush" here is a carbonated soft drink from the 7-up company (I believe) that comes in various flavors such as orange and strawberry. So a cruise line that doesn't allow beverages to be brought on board, such as Royal, should allow a flavoring agent (unless you run into a jerk doing security...so I guess if you have handy a description of the product printed out from the Internet just in case, maybe you show them it's not a drink), but wouldn't allow Crush, which would come in 12-oz cans, 2-liter bottles, and possibly 16-oz bottles.

That's why I wanted to point out to the OP that if this product is a little package that you squeeze into water (which it looked like from the website)' date=' it's a flavoring product which I can't believe any cruiseline would be against. It's not alcohol, it's not a beverage into itself (so it wouldn't be competing against the ship's beverage service).

"Crush" here is a carbonated soft drink from the 7-up company (I believe) that comes in various flavors such as orange and strawberry. So a cruise line that doesn't allow beverages to be brought on board, such as Royal, should allow a flavoring agent (unless you run into a jerk doing security...so I guess if you have handy a description of the product printed out from the Internet just in case, maybe you show them it's not a drink), but wouldn't allow Crush, which would come in 12-oz cans, 2-liter bottles, and possibly 16-oz bottles.[/quote']

14jua36.jpg