OPINION: Hyatt Place Ft Lauderdale

dptt

We stayed there two years ago and enjoyed it. Very clean, close to restaurants and stores. Breakfast can be crowded, we carried it back to our room. If you're flying in, be sure to call the right hotel for the shuttle. The shuttle drivers were kind enough to take us to 15th St Fisheries. We jumped on the Water Taxi after an early dinner. When we were done, I called them to pick us back up and the driver even stopped at a Walgreens for us. No charge, but we tipped him well. I'd go back with no hesitation.

We always try to stay at Hyatt properties when we travel in the US and accumulate Hyatt points for future perks.

In January of this year, we stayed a few days at the 17th St Hyatt. When we arrived at FLL, we called the hotel and they contacted their van driver to alert him that we were at the airport hotel van pick up site. The hotel rooms are comfy, clean, excellent desk area to set up any technology [free wifi and you can access their printers in case you need to print boarding passes, etc.], mini fridge that keeps things cold, bar sink, coffee maker, plus a large sofa to stretch out and watch TV. The lobby is compact, small bar area, staff is very helpful, breakfast is included - small dining area, but we manage to find a place to eat.

Location is a big plus. Lots of restaurants within walking distance - loved happy hour at Messaluna across the parking lot. The shopping center, with a liquor store is also nearby. When we left the hotel after a few days, we drove [rental car] to Naples to visit one of DH's clients, then spend the night at another HP only to return for our last night pre-cruise at the 17th St. location.

We're planning another early winter get-away and plan to book this hotel again.

Darcy

I agree with the previous posters; very nice hotel. We stayed there one night in December and were impressed with the hotel. When checking out I asked the manager (I guess) if the place was brand new. He said no that it had been bought from some other chain and remodeled by Hyatt in recent months. Looked new to me!

We have stayed there three times and have enjoyed it. The area is great and as previously mentioned close to shopping and restaurants, etc. Rooms are clean

and very comfortable. The last time we stayed one night and then moved to the Hyatt Pier 66 to be at same hotel as our daughter. The limo driver had told us on ride from airport that he would take us anywhere in the area so we asked that morning and he loaded our bags and moved us. Very convenient. We enjoyed the area much better than the Hyatt Pier 66,

Stayed there in April 2014 pre/post cruise. Got my reservation through valuetrip.com. Will be staying there again next year when we cruise on the Allure. The previous members have pretty much mentioned all the qualities that make it a great place to stay.

I stayed there one night after a cruise last November. The rate was less quite a bit less than Embassy Suites, so I took it. I did like the place a lot. The room was excellent, and huge, with all amenities. After checking in, though, I did walk over to Embassy and must admit their pool area was much nicer. I guess for me it all comes down to price. I do like Embassy Suites, but do also like Hyatt Place 17th st, and must say Hyatt's staff were over and above the top excellent. So for me depends on the price. I agree with the previous poster who says the Hyatt's breakfast area is severely lacking in seating for the amount of people breakfasting. I too, took my breakfast back up to my room with me. Breakfast was also quite adequate. The fruit salad was excellent.

Edited by SMSACE6