What loyalty when booking a CC suite?

Grandma Gilly

i was very happy when Azamara listened to us and re-instated Le Club Voyage benefits regarding internet minutes (although reduced) and laundry. Certainly two important things for me.

Imagine my surprise to discover that if you book a CC suite you get 235 internet minutes and a bag of laundry for being in the suite but you lose your Le Club Voyage loyalty perks so a first timer in a suite recieives the same as a long time Azamara cruiser.

Azamara-I don't understand your thinking and I think it's petty.

Wonder what others think?

I think you have misunderstood my post.

I absolutely think that that there should be advantages when staying in suites but should we not be rewarded with some kind of loyalty when staying in that suite again having accrued LCV points.

Edited by Grandma Gilly

Sorry, Grandma, but I think you are the one being petty. We are loyal to Azamara for the product we purchase and receive, not for any extra loyalty benefits we may receive. A suite is way more expensive than an inside, ocean view or verandah room, and they should get more for their money spent. We were happy when Azamara reinstated the internet benefits and laundry benefits for those not traveling in suites.

It is clear that Azamara will never make everyone happy, but we feel they are doing an exceptional job and trying hard to do their best for everyone.

Sorry, Grandma, but I think you are the one being petty. We are loyal to Azamara for the product we purchase and receive, not for any extra loyalty benefits we may receive. A suite is way more expensive than an inside, ocean view or verandah room, and they should get more for their money spent. We were happy when Azamara reinstated the internet benefits and laundry benefits for those not traveling in suites.

It is clear that Azamara will never make everyone happy, but we feel they are doing an exceptional job and trying hard to do their best for everyone.

Couldn't agree more.

i was very happy when Azamara listened to us and re-instated Le Club Voyage benefits regarding internet minutes (although reduced) and laundry. Certainly two important things for me.

Imagine my surprise to discover that if you book a CC suite you get 235 internet minutes and a bag of laundry for being in the suite but you lose your Le Club Voyage loyalty perks so a first timer in a suite recieives the same as a long time Azamara cruiser.

Azamara-I don't understand your thinking and I think it's petty.

Wonder what others think?

Agree, of course suites should get the benefit, Le Club Voyage should be able to double up, ie suite benefit plus LCV benefit. The Internet time 237 mins per suite is a 50% reduction on what we previously enjoyed through LCV - 237 mins each. The Internet is very important to us as we have to still manage work whilst on holiday. Celebrity's allowances for Royal Suites is more in line with what we need (and cost of suite per day is very similar to Azamara). When you add in the new dining experience on Celebrity, Azamara is taking risks with the loyalty of cruisers who like both brands.

Edited by uktog

Agree, of course suites should get the benefit, Le Club Voyage should be able to double up, ie suite benefit plus LCV benefit. The Internet time 237 mins per suite is a 50% reduction on what we previously enjoyed through LCV - 237 mins each. The Internet is very important to us as we have to still manage work whilst on holiday. Celebrity's allowances for Royal Suites is more in line with what we need (and cost of suite per day is very similar to Azamara). When you add in the new dining experience on Celebrity, Azamara is taking risks with the loyalty of cruisers who like both brands.

Ann, just a correction on the suite minutes. It's per guest rather than per suite.

I have to say I agree with Gilly. The overall reduction in minutes for frequent cruisers is an odd decision. That's not to say the suite benefit is wrong. I also think an extra 30 minutes going from Discoverer Plus to Discoverer Platinum is meagre, especially in view of the effort and money required to get there.

Phil

Ann, just a correction on the suite minutes. It's per guest rather than per suite.

I have to say I agree with Gilly. The overall reduction in minutes for frequent cruisers is an odd decision. That's not to say the suite benefit is wrong. I also think an extra 30 minutes going from Discoverer Plus to Discoverer Platinum is meagre, especially in view of the effort and money required to get there.

Phil

Thanks for putting me right Phil - I get so confused in my old age!

I still would like to double up on the laundry allowance :)