Barcelona embarkation time?

Working on tying up things like reserving a car from my hotel to the port on embarkation morning (I know it's early, but the service I'm using is small so I need to make sure to book in advance.). Hotel check-out is 11. If I have the car there then to take me to the port, it would be open for checking in and stuff by that point barring something like a decontamination, right?

We arrived on the early side, I'd say around 10 am, and there were porters there to accept our luggage. Pretty sure we went right into the terminal as well but do not recall actual check-in starting time. Having said that, I'm sure after 11 would be fine. :)

Edited by Langley Cruisers

I am curious about this too since we a on the July 13th cruise on the Brilliance out of Barcelona. Do you think a car service would be cheaper than a cab? For us its just me and my wife.

I'm not sure what a cab would run. The service I'm using is around 35 euro - it might be a little pricey, but it's a small LGBTQ-owned and run company and I feel great about using them, so it's worth it to me.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

To the OP - yes the port will be open and you will probably be able to embark straight after you check in. Barcelona is the most efficient port of any I've used

As for the other people on here posting about booking cars. Taxis in Barcelona are plentiful and cheap (prices are metered and regulated). Just grab a cab when you are ready rather than feeling the need to prebook

Edited by Bobal

Working on tying up things like reserving a car from my hotel to the port on embarkation morning (I know it's early, but the service I'm using is small so I need to make sure to book in advance.). Hotel check-out is 11. If I have the car there then to take me to the port, it would be open for checking in and stuff by that point barring something like a decontamination, right?

I would also ask on the Spain Ports forum here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596