Booking excursions online from Seabourn

rachelfran

You will be charged now for any online excursion bookings. If you book it on board, it will come out of your OBC. Most people book excursions once they are on the ship. There is not usually a problem, and Seabourn will organize extra coaches if there are a lot of bookings. A few excursions have limited numbers ( for example, a snorkeling trip on a catamaran). But even these are rarely fully booked before the ship sets sail. You are more likely to find an excursion cancelled because of low numbers.

We have booked excursions on line and then, once on board, SB returned the amount to our credit card and took it our of our OBC. I don't know if this policy is still in effect, but I am sure you can call for information.

We were able to do this 2 years ago and I doubt very much that they will have changed their policy. I wrote Seabourn at the time and received the following response:

Thank you very much for you message regarding Shore Excursions during your upcoming sailing on the Seabourn Sojourn. You are absolutely correct, as you will certainly be able to get a credit card refund for the tours onboard and use your shipboard credit at that time to pay for the Shore Excursions. It is just required to use a credit card to reserve tours prior to sailing, and we will be more than happy to refund your credit card once you are onboard.

Thank you very much for you message regarding Shore Excursions during your upcoming sailing on the Seabourn Sojourn. You are absolutely correct, as you will certainly be able to get a credit card refund for the tours onboard and use your shipboard credit at that time to pay for the Shore Excursions. It is just required to use a credit card to reserve tours prior to sailing, and we will be more than happy to refund your credit card once you are onboard.

Very impressed; company is monitoring this site and responds from time to time. Bravo

Very impressed; company is monitoring this site and responds from time to time. Bravo

That was an email response to an email that the guest sent to Seabourn. For better or worse Seabourn doesn't appear to follow this site like some other lines do.

That was an email response to an email that the guest sent to Seabourn. For better or worse Seabourn doesn't appear to follow this site like some other lines do.

And I am not surprised with the same twelve old bores that post here.