Luau in Oahu, Enough time?

eyesofbrown

We are on the Carnival Miracle in January and are thinking of doing a luau in Oahu. The problem is that we leave at 11 pm, and should be back on the ship about 10:30 pm. Has anyone done a luau in Oahu, and if so, is there enough time to do one before the 11:00 pm departure? We are specifically looking at Germaine' Luau or Paradise Cove Luau. Thanks in advance for any information.

We did Germaine's Luau the night before our cruise on POA. It is about 45 minutes from the Waikiki hotels. They picked us up around 4:45pm and we didn't get back until around 10:30pm. I'm not sure if the pu/return to the pier but even if you take a taxi, I think it will be cutting it a little close. BTW we loved it.

We are on the Carnival Miracle in January and are thinking of doing a luau in Oahu. The problem is that we leave at 11 pm, and should be back on the ship about 10:30 pm. Has anyone done a luau in Oahu, and if so, is there enough time to do one before the 11:00 pm departure? We are specifically looking at Germaine' Luau or Paradise Cove Luau. Thanks in advance for any information.

On Mondays & Thursdays, the Hale Koa Resort offers a luau that's open to the public... right on Waikiki Beach, not too far from the pier.

Edited by azappraiser

• 2 months later...
On Mondays & Thursdays, the Hale Koa Resort offers a luau that's open to the public... right on Waikiki Beach, not too far from the pier.

In talking to hotel information, I am told that you are not elgible to attend the Hale Koa luau if you are not military or retired military.

In talking to hotel information, I am told that you are not elgible to attend the Hale Koa luau if you are not military or retired military.

You would need a military ID to make reservations online, but you may attend the luau by going to the check-in desk and getting a "Guest Pass", then they will sell you the tickets on a space available basis... military & their families first.

You would need a military ID to make reservations online, but you may attend the luau by going to the check-in desk and getting a "Guest Pass", then they will sell you the tickets on a space available basis... military & their families first.

.....thanks for the info and clarification. This definately would be one option for us. Do you know about transportation to/from the pier and if there would be ample time to get back to the ship by 10:30 PM for a 11:00 PM sail? We have read only good things about this luau and venue. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge on the board.....you gotta love this CC community!

IF you can get tickets you can take a taxi or if you wanted' date=' TheBus. It is over in 8:30-9:00 time frame and you could catch a cab right in hotel lobby.[/quote']

.......for your information. I hope we are able to get tickets for the Hale Koa luau because with the information you have provided, I am very comfortable that we will be back on board the ship by sail away. Don't want to miss the boat!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
IF you can get tickets you can take a taxi or if you wanted' date=' TheBus. It is over in 8:30-9:00 time frame and you could catch a cab right in hotel lobby.[/quote']

Any others been to the Hale Koa luau and have comments or input? All information is appreciated. I think our choices are down to the Hale Koa luau or dinner and show at House Without A Key. This is Patsy's first trip to Hawaii and I want to make the most of our stops.

we are going to Germaines on October 25th. I will come back and let you know if we make it back to the ship. I called them and she said it does not take as long to get back to ship afterwards as it does in the traffic earlier. she assured me they are never late. we will see. 4 of us going...

• 3 months later...

We did the Germaine's Luau two years ago from a Princess ship and just loved it! It is fun from the moment you board the bus. At that time, they did tell us they have never been late back to Aloha Towers for a 10:30 boarding. I believe the actual Germaine's Luau host in the bus told us that they would be responsible for paying our return if we didn't get back on time.

We are going again in 2 weeks, and I contacted hawaiidiscount.com (cheaper tickets) to ask about getting back to the ship. This is their response which makes me a bit nervous. I think I will contact Germaine's directly to see what they say.: We do get many cruise ship passengers that do book on the day of their arrival and departure and would definitely be okay to continue with the reservation. Now we cannot guarantee the arrival back to the ship as things to send to happen in life, for example if the bus were to break down or if there was heavy traffic, etc. This is not something that happens but of course for those reasons we are not able to guarantee the exact return. Please let us know if you have any further questions, Mahalo!

Thanks to all the CC posters for info on Oahu luaus. We decided to book the Hale Koa luau and now have our tickets. Based on input here on this thread, we feel comfortable with the venue and our ability to get back to the ship in time for sail away. The countdown clock shows 30 days until boarding......we are getting more and more excited as our plans come together!

We are going to Hawaii October 2015. Carnival has Germaine's Luau as part of the excursions. I purchased tickets from Carnival and then did the best price guarantee and ended up with a $66 obc. You might want to see if it is available on your cruise. Hope this helps.

We just came back from being on the Star Princess and did a luau at the Hilton Hawaiian Village we took a cab and we were back in plenty of time for our 11PM departure. The show was good as was the food.

How much was the cab ride from the Aloha Tower where Princess usually docks ??? Thinking of us going to the hotel to just look around during the day. I stayed there years ago & remembered there is lots to see there @ the hotel.

Edited by Ronnieslady