Seasickness - best cabin to book?

Jaglady10

I have a friend who's planning to take his first cruise. He used to get car sick when he was younger when he'd ride in the back seat. Where would be the best cabin to book to minimize this problem? Thanks!

As low as possible and closest to midship.

Low and middle is correct.

Also your friend should bring something to help prevent nausea. For example, we bring Bonine.

If it is during the day when at sea I recommend going to a public room that is even lower on the ship and mid deck and one with a high ceiling such as an atrium.

Keith

Lower deck midship cabin .

Have an over the counter medication with you but don't take it unless ruff seas are anticipated.

However , if feeling seasick , don't go to your cabin . That will allow seasickness to take control !

Walk around the ship , preferably outside , and eat, eat, eat .

Besides Dramamine - do the pressure wrist bands work well for sea sickness?

For some - it's psychosomatic. Look into Meclizine (trade name Bonnie) rather than Dramamine. It causes less drowsiness and you only need to take one dose every 24 hours vs a dose every 6-8

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had exactly same concern before my 1st cruise a month ago

Whether we were lucky with calm seas and a big ship I don't know but I had zero sea sickness. Did feel a bit land sick on our return though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

That can happen, it is the start of the addictive nature of cruising. Your body is telling you it is better on a boat.:cool:

I have a friend who's planning to take his first cruise. He used to get car sick when he was younger when he'd ride in the back seat. Where would be the best cabin to book to minimize this problem? Thanks!

Ginger pills start the day before 1 with each meal continue throughout the cruise. You can get them over the counter anywhere. No side effects!!!

Wife and I do not get seasick anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I use the patch....your dr has to order it...works great for me....u change patch ever 3 days...i have never had a problem

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

The scopolamine patch can be overkill and the the side effects in the extreme side.

I'm extremely susceptible to motion sickness and meclizine works well for me - the scopolamine patch gives me the worst case of cotton mouth and makes me extremely loopy and I tend to do nothing but sleep for the first day and a half. And God forbid you touch it and then rub your eyes right after!!

Since a doctor has to prescribe it, he should see what they think would work best for him

Sent from my iPhone using Forums