Ryndam

OCruisers

My personal favorite is the Pinnacle Grill which costs you an extra $29.00 p.p.

Except when the 'special night' Le Cirque is being held, then it's $49.00, but the food is different as well, and in my opinion well worth the extra fee.

For diner, there's the Canaletto, serving you an Italian inspired meal for $10.00. Some like the food and some don't. From what I've heard, the Canaletto is quite a big variable on each ship. I've only done it on the Noordam, and I liked it. It's actually a part of the Lido that's transformed each evening.

Do you know if you get a free Canaletto meal when you are a 2star Mariner? Because I got one last time, but I got no clue why... :D
At 2* you don't even get a discount, never mind free. If it came from HAL it must have been some kind of promo deal.

2-Star Mariner

Collectible gifts, special discounts and more await you at 30 Cruise Day credits. As a 2-Star Mariner, you’ll enjoy:

• Welcome Back Embarkation Lunch in the dining room (from 12:00pm to 1:30pm) as well as a complimentary Mariner Champagne Brunch
  • A collectible gift presented to you on board
  • A complimentary photo of the ship
  • A 10% discount on Holland America Line logo clothing sold in onboard signature shops (may exclude already discounted merchandise)
  • A 15% discount on merchandise from www.shophollandamerica.com
  • A free subscription to the print or digital** version of Mariner magazine
  • Offers to special sailings hosted by a representative of the Mariner Society
  • An annual cruise planner
  • Special offers on select sailings
  • A 50% cruise fare discount on the 3rd/4th guest staying in your stateroom on select sailings
  • A special recognition lapel pin

At 2* you don't even get a discount, never mind free. If it came from HAL it must have been some kind of promo deal.

2-Star Mariner

Collectible gifts, special discounts and more await you at 30 Cruise Day credits. As a 2-Star Mariner, you’ll enjoy:

• Welcome Back Embarkation Lunch in the dining room (from 12:00pm to 1:30pm) as well as a complimentary Mariner Champagne Brunch
  • A collectible gift presented to you on board
  • A complimentary photo of the ship
  • A 10% discount on Holland America Line logo clothing sold in onboard signature shops (may exclude already discounted merchandise)
  • A 15% discount on merchandise from www.shophollandamerica.com
  • A free subscription to the print or digital** version of Mariner magazine
  • Offers to special sailings hosted by a representative of the Mariner Society
  • An annual cruise planner
  • Special offers on select sailings
  • A 50% cruise fare discount on the 3rd/4th guest staying in your stateroom on select sailings
  • A special recognition lapel pin

wow.....we're doing our first cruise on Holland America and I must say that if this is their loyalty program, it's really lame compared to some of the others like celebrity where you at least get some useful discounts. No incentive here for us to start loyalty to HAL.

... compared to some of the others like celebrity where you at least get some useful discounts.
At 3* you get 25% on specialty restaurants and wine packages, and that goes to 50% for 4*. I'm sure we'll never make 5*, so I've never paid attention to what they get!

Do you know if you get a free Canaletto meal when you are a 2star Mariner? Because I got one last time, but I got no clue why... :D

Were you in an inside cabin with an Explore 4 promotion attached? That was the benefit, instead of dinner in the Pinnacle, for inside cabins.

Thanks everyone for answering my question on the specialty restaurants!

Having dinner in specialty restaurants is important to us.

Because we've only cruised on HAL four times (35 days), I didn't expect to have anything in the way of perks.

Mostly, we cruise on Princess so we're Elite there ... but that doesn't keep us from cruising on other lines from time to time and we have always had good cruises on HAL.

Our long time TA knows we want a veranda cabin so has us booked in a BB Cat Vista Suite.

This cruise isn't until April I'm sure when we get back from our January cruise, I'll have more questions.

Thanks Again! LuLu

Were you in an inside cabin with an Explore 4 promotion attached? That was the benefit, instead of dinner in the Pinnacle, for inside cabins.

I was on an oceanview cabin, but I don't know if the Explore 4 was attached. I booked it through a colleague at work which has a small side business in cruises. Then I owe him a thank you, I guess :D

Which I already did for the free bottles of wine... :p