Questions: Carnival Spirit

Power boards are a weird thing on Spirit - last year there was 8 of us in 3 cabins - 1 power board was confiscated till end of cruise, she asked for 1 from Cabin Steward and got one, the other 2 of us managed to keep ours.

Good luck

• 1 month later...
I read somewhere from a report on a particular cruiseline. I forget which one is that Australian cruises drink so much coffee compared to the Americans and they have to put a lot more salmon the boat when their are Australian cruisers or cruising out of Australia.

I cruising on Spirit in October and Im pleased to hear about the Coffee and the Salmon - Love both.

Ive been to the USA twice and could not find a decent Cup of Coffee on either trip. And forget about finding a decent cup of tea over there.

we are going in dec for a christmas cruise with 2 kids has anyone been on the ship at christmas time? We just wanted to know do they do anything special for kids on christmas day with santa? Also do they decorate the rooms or should we take a couple of things? my kids r worried that if they dont have a tree santa wont leave any presents.

we are going in dec for a christmas cruise with 2 kids has anyone been on the ship at christmas time? We just wanted to know do they do anything special for kids on christmas day with santa? Also do they decorate the rooms or should we take a couple of things? my kids r worried that if they dont have a tree santa wont leave any presents.

They will decorate the public rooms of the ship but not your cabin. There will be special arrangements for the kids on Christmas day.:)

Plugs on the Spirit. Are they Australia ones or US ones. So I know if I need to bring a US adapter?

Hi Sarah,

There are both power points on the spirit, located under the mirror on the desk. Found it quite handy as we had baught out camera overseas and we used its original plug without needing the australian adapter, and we could still charge the kids laptops at the same time.

we also baught along a power board with no problems, had it in our laptop bag, no questions asked. The web page states you can bring a power board on as long as it does not have a surge protector.

Have a great trip.

Cheers maree

Hi Sarah,

There are both power points on the spirit, located under the mirror on the desk. Found it quite handy as we had baught out camera overseas and we used its original plug without needing the australian adapter, and we could still charge the kids laptops at the same time.

we also baught along a power board with no problems, had it in our laptop bag, no questions asked. The web page states you can bring a power board on as long as it does not have a surge protector.

Have a great trip.

Cheers maree

Thanks Maree. Been and gone on the cruise. :D

Power boards are only confiscated when they have a surge protecter. We were on the Spirit two weeks ago, and our bags were searched while getting transferred to our rooms because they saw the power board on the x-Ray. As it didn't have a surge protector we were allowed to keep it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can you purchase drink packages - If you can do you organise them before you go or onboard. I can't find anything about them on the carnival web site :confused:

The only drink package you can buy is a soda one and you need to buy it onboard.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Thanks Jenny - do you have any more information about that - is it all you can drink ? does it include ice creams ? do you pay for coffee and tea ?

How much does it cost ?

Thanks

The bubbles package is for soft drink : 62$ for an adult for a 9 day cruise, payable in 1st 48hr only. Soft service ice cream is available 24hr and is in the included foods. Included Coffee is average - but for 4$ you can get good barista coffee. I had included coffee for breakfast and then topped up with a paid one by 11 when cues had gone . Tea there is a box of teas by the hot water - also included and avail 24hr , hot choc also included and avail 24hr (very good)

Mat

Hi all

Thanks for the information; this is a great thread for those with a Carnival cruise coming up!:D

Continuing on the drinks questions theme......

Does anyone know if Carnival are strict re only bringing onboard 12 soft drinks and bottled water, ie do they thoroughly check your carry on bags and count them??

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Amanda

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just for the benefit of others, we took 2 x 750ml glass bottles of Bickfords cordial on board (which through the X-ray looked like wine bottles so we were taken aside) and once they realised we were okay to go with them. We also took a powerboard which was brand new in packaging, it was about $5 and had overload protection but importantly NO surge protection. This made it easier to charge phones and cameras at the same time. But not the iPad because I was silly and after loading movies onto my iPad accidently left it behind at home and hadn't packed it into my backpack, I was so disappointed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk