Paying RCI by direct deposit

Hi all I am thinking of paying my next cruise by direct deposit as my bank has introduced a fee even tho its Australian dollars they still make me pay a fee for it coming through Miami.

My question is do you just pay it in the bank say like when you get a Jetst flight and pay by direct deposit or is it different:confused:

Also another odd question I guess if we are doing a coastal cruise and can get duty free is there anyone at the beginning of the cruise from customs to get a tsr refund:confused:I have never seen anyone at the cruise terminal but my husband said to ask as we have just bought a new lap top and leave on 28th October

thanks

Jacquie

Also another odd question I guess if we are doing a coastal cruise and can get duty free is there anyone at the beginning of the cruise from customs to get a tsr refund:confused:I have never seen anyone at the cruise terminal but my husband said to ask as we have just bought a new lap top and leave on 28th October

thanks

Jacquie

There will be no Customs at the terminal when you board and because it is a "coastal" you may may not qualify for a TSR. The "duty free" may only apply to items purchased on board, why not ring customs and ask.

Edited by gbenjo

I have paid several cruises by direct deposit, but I have done it on line, just like paying any account on line. My bank is Bendigo Bank.

I do make sure I pay well before the due date, usually about 10 days to ensure it is all through and showing as paid before the due date.

I do also email celebrity to advise the date and amount I paid and request confirmation of their receipt, but most times I never get a reply. If no reply closer to the due date and if it isn't showing as paid in my celebrity I phone them. A bit of mucking around but I don't like paying bank fees.

The paying by direct debit is easy, its the getting confirmation they have received it is frustrating.

Edited by Tara Jane

My question is do you just pay it in the bank say like when you get a Jetst flight and pay by direct deposit or is it different:confused:

Yes, they give you their bank account details. Whether you then make the payment through a branch or online, either can be done.

thanks

Jacquie

If it doesn't go to an international destination (including Willis Island) you aren't eligible for a refund. It needs to visit an international destination.

Hi all I am thinking of paying my next cruise by direct deposit as my bank has introduced a fee even tho its Australian dollars they still make me pay a fee for it coming through Miami.

thanks

Jacquie

Have a look at getting a 28 Degrees mastercard for paying your cruises. No annual fee, no currency conversion fee and one other that I can not remember. I only use mine for cruising, and it works well.

Where do I apply for this card? You said you only use it for cruises, does that include on-shore expenses, like tours, souvenirs, etc. Thanks for advice.

You apply online it is a Mastercard credit card. You do need to qualify as per as credit card. Its useful for any overseas travel or purchases not just cruises.

http://www.28degreescard.com.au/

You can use it for anything above purchases. It is great for any purchases in a foreign currency. I also use it on my cruise account to pay for my onboard purchases.

Another option is a Citibank Visa Debit card.

Edited by cruisine21