Bernard's Tours

teknoge3k

Question - We told Bernard's we dock at 8:00, this is when Royal Caribbean says we dock. I did not realize that St. Maarten is on AST an hour ahead of EST. This means we dock at 9:00 local time. Bernard's confirmation email says to be at the starting location at 8:30. I told them we are on the Allure of the Seas. Is the 8:30 local time or ship time?

Bernard fully understands the difference between ship time and local time. He's been doing this a long time and will take care of you.

Previously I had seen nothing but positive reviews, but the recent bad ones on this thread have me a little nervous. :-o

We ended up booking the private tour for 5 of us, so hopefully we won't feel any time crunch!

Has anyone gone to Mullet Bay beach as part of their excursion? I know we want to be over at Maho by around 2 for the larger planes coming in and it seems like Mullet Bay is closer compared to Orient...

Previously I had seen nothing but positive reviews, but the recent bad ones on this thread have me a little nervous. :-o

We ended up booking the private tour for 5 of us, so hopefully we won't feel any time crunch!

Has anyone gone to Mullet Bay beach as part of their excursion? I know we want to be over at Maho by around 2 for the larger planes coming in and it seems like Mullet Bay is closer compared to Orient...

When I read negative reviews, be it a tour or a product, I also become concerned. I took Bernards tour the first time I visited St. Maarten and while there was one small disappointment at the end of the tour, I would recommend it.

The stop at Orient was about 90 minutes and it has become my favorite beach in the Caribbean. The stop at Marigot was for 30-45 minutes, no one attempted to order lunch with that time frame. We made it to Maho, just missing one large jet but did see another one and a few small planes. There were other stops; not going to the iguana farm is a positive in my opinion.

At tours end I asked for directions to a store. I was told they never heard of the merchant. From this board, I knew they used to stop at this specific store. That was my one negative, not enough to give their public tour a negative review. Hope your tour with Bernard goes well.

When I read negative reviews, be it a tour or a product, I also become concerned. I took Bernards tour the first time I visited St. Maarten and while there was one small disappointment at the end of the tour, I would recommend it.

The stop at Orient was about 90 minutes and it has become my favorite beach in the Caribbean. The stop at Marigot was for 30-45 minutes, no one attempted to order lunch with that time frame. We made it to Maho, just missing one large jet but did see another one and a few small planes. There were other stops; not going to the iguana farm is a positive in my opinion.

At tours end I asked for directions to a store. I was told they never heard of the merchant. From this board, I knew they used to stop at this specific store. That was my one negative, not enough to give their public tour a negative review. Hope your tour with Bernard goes well.

We also stayed at Orient beach for about 90 mins. By the time you got settled, got a drink, went for a swim it was time to go. In hindsight we should've just stayed there and forfeited the rest of the tour which was a bust in my family's opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We also stayed at Orient beach for about 90 mins. By the time you got settled, got a drink, went for a swim it was time to go. In hindsight we should've just stayed there and forfeited the rest of the tour which was a bust in my family's opinion.

It is too bad your family considered it a bust and did not enjoy the tour as much as I and others have. If you wanted to spend more time at Orient beach, the length of stay is clearly stated on Bernards website, you should have taxied there as opposed to doing a 5-6 hour tour that covers both sides of the island with multiple stops.

It is too bad your family considered it a bust and did not enjoy the tour as much as I and others have. If you wanted to spend more time at Orient beach, the length of stay is clearly stated on Bernards website, you should have taxied there as opposed to doing a 5-6 hour tour that covers both sides of the island with multiple stops.

I completely agree. In hindsight that is what we should've done. And that is what we're gonna do when we're in St. Martin next week [emoji106]

Thinking about booking with Bernard's as well but wondering if on any beach stops or any stops will there be a chance to get something to eat? We're not so concerned about swimming as we will have a diabetic in our party.

Which tour are you considering?

Tour #1 stops in Marigot for 60 minutes (plenty of time for a snack, not a full meal) and at Maho for 45 minutes, same comment.

Tour #2 is at Orient for 90-120 minutes, so plenty of time for anything, Marigot for 30 minutes for a very quick snack, and Maho 45 minutes for a snack or better.

gary

Which tour are you considering?

Tour #1 stops in Marigot for 60 minutes (plenty of time for a snack, not a full meal) and at Maho for 45 minutes, same comment.

Tour #2 is at Orient for 90-120 minutes, so plenty of time for anything, Marigot for 30 minutes for a very quick snack, and Maho 45 minutes for a snack or better.

gary

We would probably go with Tour #1 because actually what we've decided we would like to do is go to the Hard Rock cafe. Hopefully it's close to the Port.

• 2 weeks later...
We used Bernard's Tours to taxi us to and from Grand Case (on the French side of the island) and back to the ship. We didn't want to rent a car so we hired Bernard's Tours to drive us to Grand Case. Grand Case is beautiful with many gourmet restaurants, bars on the beach, and boutique shops. There were very few cruisers there and our day was wonderful...a few drinks on the beach, a wonderful lunch, and some shopping. Bernard's driver was great and very entertaining...she picked us up exactly on a preset time and drove us back to the ship. It was a great day!

What beach did you go to? Grand Case Beach Club?

Edited by kcparrothead