Turquoise Beach Resort

Rachy817

Has anyone gone to this resort and purchased a day pass. Their website says you get transportation to and from the resort and use of the facilities all for 25 dollars. It looks pretty nice, and its a guarantee, unlike the Mayan Princess.

It's fairly new. Mostly known for diving with Subway Watersports. Reviews of T.A. seem positive. Sounds like they're trying to attract more people up there. It's up north of French Harbour so it'll be away from the main beach traffic flow toward West End. If you dive it's worth the visit to a different site than the West coast. Mindful of lack of shade though. But that means less pesky sand fleas.

You'll need to let them know you're on the Carnival Valor ("Velour" as some call it:D) and will be docking at Mahogany Bay Cruise Center. It's a bit closer than the Coxen Hole/Roatan Cruise Port. You may have to meet them outside the MBCC gates where the independent tour operators are. They should be able to tell you. $25 RT plus the beach for the day is very very cheap versus the West End. Taxi's are that 1 way to there. I'd go for it.

Wow - I just checked it out - looks like a pretty good deal: http://www.turquoisebayresort.com/beach_day.htm

Was going to ask you to report back if you visit - but seeing as you are on the Valor a week before me guess that won't work? (please keep ship in good shape for me :D:D thanks!).

Will do! I think we are going to try it, although I really want to go back to the MP again, I dont want to waste time getting turned away!

I am in the same situation!!! I am hoping beyond hope to go to the Mayan Princess (and have been assured by my tour guide that he can make this happen)....but somehow I have this uneasy feeling....that when we show up it will be 'sorry they were not giving out any passes today - or they are full - .let's go to beach X....)

Should you go there (January 20th?) can you please post asap and let me know what you thought?

Crewsweeper - have you been there? Or know of anyone who has?

And anyone know how far this place is from Mayan princess? Wonder if they would take last minute cruisers???

I am in the same situation!!! I am hoping beyond hope to go to the Mayan Princess (and have been assured by my tour guide that he can make this happen)....but somehow I have this uneasy feeling....that when we show up it will be 'sorry they were not giving out any passes today - or they are full - .let's go to beach X....)

Should you go there (January 20th?) can you please post asap and let me know what you thought?

Crewsweeper - have you been there? Or know of anyone who has? No sorry I have not. :(

And anyone know how far this place is from Mayan princess? Turquoise Beach is the opposite way from MP. Wonder if they would take last minute cruisers???Being a small private resort, they may not take last minute day guests. But you can contact them and find out.

http://www.turquoisebayresort.com/

Crewsweeper - have you been there? Or know of anyone who has?

And anyone know how far this place is from Mayan princess? Wonder if they would take last minute cruisers???

I have been to both. They are not close to each other. Both are pretty, Mayan Princess is on the strip of beach that has other resorts on it. You can snorkel from the shore. At Turquoise bay resort, I did not notice any other beach clubs next to it. It was very pretty but you can not snorkel from the shore as there is a mangrove near by so the water is not as clear. You can kayak or take a boat out to the reef and snorkel. We did not try the snorkeling at Turquoise.

I liked Mayan better, but this time I am going to try Fins and Flippers, I think that it will give me the best of both places.

Enjoy!

Sandy:p

Will do! I think we are going to try it, although I really want to go back to the MP again, I dont want to waste time getting turned away!

I notice you are on the same sailing as we are - you should pop over the the boards, we are very active (and a bit crazy)

When I called Mayan about 6 months ago they said we could reserve; sometime between then and now we can no longer reserve for the day.

I would hate to get there and be turned away so I think we may just go to Tabyana as we can snorkel from the beach and spend a few hours with our tour guide

I notice you are on the same sailing as we are - you should pop over the the boards, we are very active (and a bit crazy)

When I called Mayan about 6 months ago they said we could reserve; sometime between then and now we can no longer reserve for the day.

I would hate to get there and be turned away so I think we may just go to Tabyana as we can snorkel from the beach and spend a few hours with our tour guide

I booked with an independent tour guide who is 'assuring' me he can get us the day passes to the Mayan princess resort - either he is 'hoping' he can get them - or perhaps he has a connection and knows someone there? have asked him to get them in 'advance' if possible as we are only docking at 12 pm! Hoping this all works out! (otherwise another lovely beach i suppose?)

Froufie - I am sure that your guide must know someone and can get you in; I just don't like risking it so I think we will try another spot. The MP does look beautiful though

Please let us know if you ended up there or not

Will definitely report back upon my return - one of the reasons I got the 'guide' was not only for transportation and island tour but CC info that the guides were able to get these passes in advance - we will see if this is true or not!!! :D

Will definitely report back upon my return - one of the reasons I got the 'guide' was not only for transportation and island tour but CC info that the guides were able to get these passes in advance - we will see if this is true or not!!! :D

If you don't mind sharing, who is your guide? We are booked with Victor, but we have to go on the tour if we want to go to MP. Which he said we could try it, as it is on a first come, first serve basis. :(

If you don't mind sharing, who is your guide? We are booked with Victor, but we have to go on the tour if we want to go to MP. Which he said we could try it, as it is on a first come, first serve basis. :(

I am using Juan Carlos Rodriguez (actually his brother Enrique) I believe from Islander tours? (or something like that).....hope it works out as planned!

Let me know how you make out with Victor and MP (I think part of the problem may be our late arrival in Roatan!)

It's pretty far (30-40 minutes, possibly longer on Cruise ship day) I would't recommend doing both on the limited amount of time you get with the port call.

Mayan Princess is on the extreme West part of the island at West Bay and Turquoise Bay Resort is located in the middle of the island just East of French Harbor.

If your into Scuba Diving, I can highly recommend Subway Watersports at Turquoise Bay, they are very professional, safety oriented and have nice equipment not to mention the diving is great. Try to visit "Dolphins Den" if you get a chance.

Jason

I sent these folks 2 emails, but never heard back from them:( I was really looking forward to a relaxing day, at what looks like a beautiful place.

I'm not going to try calling, when email "should be" a mode of communication, but who knows, maybe it's down.

Any other experiences?

i emailed this weekend too, and have not heard back either. Hmm. Not sure what we'll do in Roatan.

Looks like we'll probably just go to Mahogany Bay. Usually the resorts or excursion folks are very quick to get back to you. I guess they have enough business.:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Guess who spent a whole day at the Mayan Princess last Thursday???? MEEEE!

There were 2 ships in port, and we got off the ship early and Winston from Victor Bodden got us into the resort!

It was just as beautiful as we remembered all though it was a bit more crowded. We had a great time!

i emailed this weekend too, and have not heard back either. Hmm. Not sure what we'll do in Roatan.

We don't get into port until about 10 am so I was worried about having 5 chairs and 2 umbrellas for us. I wanted to make sure they came with the price.

I can tell you I have e-mailed at least 4 times and not have had one response.

I am worried since we go in the summer about Mayan Princess since we will be arriving a little later than probably other ships and wanted something confirmed.

My kids are now telling me they do not want another beach day so good for me they haven't responded since I would have booked them already.

Please let me know if you get a response. I am curious.

Thank you.

We don't get into port until about 10 am so I was worried about having 5 chairs and 2 umbrellas for us. I wanted to make sure they came with the price.

I can tell you I have e-mailed at least 4 times and not have had one response.

I am worried since we go in the summer about Mayan Princess since we will be arriving a little later than probably other ships and wanted something confirmed.

My kids are now telling me they do not want another beach day so good for me they haven't responded since I would have booked them already.

Please let me know if you get a response. I am curious.

Thank you.

Has anyone been here recently and can tell me about it.

They haven't responded to me but I'm thinking of sending my dh and ds here while I take my dd and her friend zip lining and then meeting them here.

For $25 each, what do you think?

Thanks.

JS - we were recently on roatan, although we did not go to Mayan Princess, we were right next door at Infinity and the beaches were not crowded at all. What ever you decide; I think you will be fine with the timing.

Just got back from Roatan - and spent some of our afternoon at the Mayan Princess - I was surprised we got in given recent disappointments by others - but I believe it was because we arrived later in the day.

I spoke with some RCCL cruisers who had been there all day and they said the MP was packed in the morning and you could not find a lounge chair anywhere on the beach!

We disembarked from the Valor around noon - found our guide (Rony's), did a visit to the iguana farm and monkey stop and by the time we got to the MP it was around 2 pm - at this point I believe many of the cruisers who had been there in the morning had LEFT! So there was space available for us 'late arrivals' - we paid our $10 - got our wristbands and easily found loungers on the beach - had a nice ocean swim - but moved to the pool area once the 'music' started blaring from the loudspeakers (one which was directly overhead!). The pool was gorgoues - very peaceful and quiet and a nice place to relax and cool off! Spent 2 hrs at the MP before our guide returned to pick us up - we loved the MP and would definitely visit again if we could! :)

Froufie....I was just wondering what happened to Juan Carlos Rodriguez? Did you just change your mind or did something go wrong? I was wondering since I am booked with him and he said he would get our passes to the Mayan Princess....

Thanks!!!

Archived