Tubing Adventure in Kuaui need help!

jparagamian

Hi! We are going on the Pride of America in January and want to do the tubing adventure on our own. (Not thru cruise) We have been told it is a 3 hour tour and that it is 10 minutes from the port. Has anyone else done this? The concern is that the tour begins at 10 am and the ship debarks at 2 pm. Will we have any issue getting a cab or uber? We were told the tour is approximately 3 hours, but lunch is at the end. Could we forgo the lunch?

Help!

It is a $100 price difference per person doing this excursion on our own rather than the cruise tour. (Which seems ridiculous) we have 6 people.

Hi! We are going on the Pride of America in January and want to do the tubing adventure on our own. (Not thru cruise) We have been told it is a 3 hour tour and that it is 10 minutes from the port. Has anyone else done this? The concern is that the tour begins at 10 am and the ship debarks at 2 pm. Will we have any issue getting a cab or uber? We were told the tour is approximately 3 hours, but lunch is at the end. Could we forgo the lunch?

Help!

It is a $100 price difference per person doing this excursion on our own rather than the cruise tour. (Which seems ridiculous) we have 6 people.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I would also check the Hawaii port of call forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62

Are you talking about this tubing adventure:

http://kauaibackcountry.com/tubing/

If so, have you called them to find out if they will allow you to go later since your ship debarks at 2pm? That's their latest tour...so I'm thinking you need to make special arrangements with the tour provider so they know you will be arriving a bit late. Certainly there will be taxis to take you there.

Oops, I mean we embark at 2 pm on Friday. The tour begins at 10. I'm assuming we need to be back on ship no later than 130. Can we make it? And yes, http://kauaibackcountry.com/ is the tour I am referring to.

Thanks SO much!

IMO you are cutting it too close, but since you never leave the US getting a flight to your next port is very easy and not too expensive, and all you need is a government issued photo ID to make the flight.

IMO you are cutting it too close, but since you never leave the US getting a flight to your next port is very easy and not too expensive, and all you need is a government issued photo ID to make the flight.

Actually, a flight from Lihue to Honolulu right now is about $75pp on Island Air, $109 on Hawaiian, plus you'd have transportation costs getting to and from the airport/pier on both ends, etc. And don't forget, if you miss the ship, you'll inconvenience all other passengers while they search for you before giving the order to raise the gangway. You'll also spend a significant portion of a day or night arranging flights, waiting in airports, etc. I'd find something else to do or just pay the extra $100pp.

Call the tour company and ask what time you will get back from tubing if you went on the 10am slot. Ask them if you can skip lunch and if they could have a taxi waiting for you at noon sharp so you can go right back to the ship. Reconfirm the taxi at noon day of. It's a little risky, but doable if nothing goes wrong and your transportation is waiting for you at noon.