Tell me about the Enchantment. Maybe taking a group of 100 high schoolers!

My 6 and 9 year olds loved the ship, but I would not take high schoolers on. Would they have a good time? I'm sure they would between the teen room, having a ship to hang out on, rock climbing wall, bungee, etc, but for high schoolers I would go Freedom class or better. Way more for the high school gang. My 14 year has no interest in going back to something like the Enchantment at this point. If you're getting a great deal then it's worth considering. It's a great ship, and I think the teens would like it, but I think RCL's other ships have more to offer. Just my two cents.

The Good:

The Enchantment is a great ship has an extended pool deck with peekaboo bridge, R Bar, Chops, Chef Table and Giovanni's.

The Bad:

There will be 100 high schoolers on it

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

Probably luckier than the rest of the passengers :rolleyes:

Maybe you both should only cruise on Azamara Club or private yachts!!

Your negative comments are unnecessary and rather rude.

I thought they were pretty funny. Lighten up, I think they were just kidding. :)

ML

Thanks.

I was partially joking...just got off a cruise that had 565 children :eek: Apparently my new friend missed the review :rolleyes:

C'est la vie!

Edited by VASOXFANN

I don't think they are being rude, I thought the comments were funny. And probably the sentiment of most people. The idea of 100 minimally supervised teens on a cruise without their parents sounds like an awful vacation for everyone but them.

But it is nice of them to be planning a trip like that for the group and while I personally would cancel a cruise on whatever sailing they end up on, I would agree that a freedom or voyager class ship would be a better fit for that age group, especially if you want them to stay entertained instead of making up their own raucousness in the hallways out of boredom.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks.

I was partially joking...just got off a cruise that had 565 children :eek: Apparently my new friend missed the review :rolleyes:

C'est la vie!

Actually, there is a big difference between 565 kids and 100 in a single group.

That being said, we sailed Brilliance with a high school band group and they were lovely and performed for us a couple of times

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I thought they were pretty funny. Lighten up, I think they were just kidding. :)

ML

I don't think they are being rude, I thought the comments were funny. And probably the sentiment of most people. The idea of 100 minimally supervised teens on a cruise without their parents sounds like an awful vacation for everyone but them.

But it is nice of them to be planning a trip like that for the group and while I personally would cancel a cruise on whatever sailing they end up on, I would agree that a freedom or voyager class ship would be a better fit for that age group, especially if you want them to stay entertained instead of making up their own raucousness in the hallways out of boredom.

I was joking, but there is partial truth to every joke....

100 High Schoolers with a few chaperones "can" be more chaotic than 565 kids with their parents. The reason being is even if they live in a Disney style household there is at least 1 parent for every 2-3 kids. If they live in a non-disney style household then there is 2 parents for every 2-3 kids. Plus the kids don't all know each other so there is minimal collusion.

Compare this to 4 to 10 chaperones which leaves 90 kids unsupervised to do what they want.

Not saying high schoolers are not well behaved just saying getting them altogether with free reign can chaos for some passengers.

My college use to do a Freshman trip on 5 Day Carnival cruise every year. They would buy out the bottom decks and there would be hundreds of students. In 2003 I went as a freshmen and boy let me tell you the shenanigans I saw. Kids buying booze, weed in Jamaica sneaking it all on board. Falling down in main corridor, the smell of smoke and funk on our deck.

Couldn't walk 2 feet without hearing passengers complain. They discontinued the program a few years later.

My 6 and 9 year olds loved the ship, but I would not take high schoolers on. Would they have a good time? I'm sure they would between the teen room, having a ship to hang out on, rock climbing wall, bungee, etc, but for high schoolers I would go Freedom class or better. Way more for the high school gang. My 14 year has no interest in going back to something like the Enchantment at this point. If you're getting a great deal then it's worth considering. It's a great ship, and I think the teens would like it, but I think RCL's other ships have more to offer. Just my two cents.

it will only be a 3 night cruise and they will be doing choir compitions

The Good:

The Enchantment is a great ship has an extended pool deck with peekaboo bridge, R Bar, Chops, Chef Table and Giovanni's.

The Bad:

There will be 100 high schoolers on it

The kids are a great they are Choir kids doing singing compitions

it is a high school choir with at least 10 plus chaperones. These kids behave better than most adults. Thanks for judging.

it will only be a 3 night cruise and they will be doing choir compitions

We did the 3 night cruise this past August and found it to be a party cruise. Everyone was drunk and a few that had taken something stronger. Before people get on to me for making that observation, my wife is a master's level nurse and works with people with addictions and she knows one when she sees it.

We also did the 4 night cruise and it was not as bad. The 3 night is over the weekend and people do it just to get away for a few days and don't have to take as many vacation days from work to do it.

The kids are a great they are Choir kids doing singing compitions

it is a high school choir with at least 10 plus chaperones. These kids behave better than most adults. Thanks for judging.

Good to hear, I hope so. I was Valedictorian of my High School, considered well behaved and mature but at 16-17 years old if I was at a group event (like a cruise) and had a chance to impress a girl by doing something partially stupid and not well behaved I would have.

But regardless, I hope you are right. Hope you have 100 Heather Gardners and Chris Ostreichers and not 100 Michelle Flahertys and Jim Levensteins.

I think they will love the Enchantment. The pool is HUGE!

The bungee trampoline is fun and the rock wall is cool too! Overall it's a great ship. I found it to be super relaxing but still fun.

If you really want a big ship, you could always go on Navigator which also sails out of Miami. The Voyager class is VERY similar to Freedom, esp considering Navigator has a Flowrider.

We did the 3 night cruise this past August and found it to be a party cruise. Everyone was drunk and a few that had taken something stronger. Before people get on to me for making that observation, my wife is a master's level nurse and works with people with addictions and she knows one when she sees it.

We also did the 4 night cruise and it was not as bad. The 3 night is over the weekend and people do it just to get away for a few days and don't have to take as many vacation days from work to do it.

I have to agree with you. DH and I noticed pretty quickly that the crowd on this cruise is noticeably different from any other RCI Cruise we've been on. A couple at our breakfast table remarked that they've noticed Mary Jane on more than one area of the ship. They weren't complaining, just stating an observation.