Barcelona Sagrada Familia tour Co w/guide

pagnegirl

Can anyone help with a recommendation for a English speaking Tour guide/Co. that can provide a 1 hour tour guide, a skip the line pass & pass to the Tower too.

I have tried a couple places but it is too late, you need to book a gout 15 days out, we want it for this Saturday.

Or they do not have a English guide.

Then another Co. is up charging me so much.

Any help I'd appreciate it.

Did you try booking directly through Sagrada Familia or an outside company? You didn't mention which, so I wasn't sure. When we did it on 2013, we made our reservation directly on the official website for the church (English guide, no tower). There were about 25 in our group (I think). They gave us those headset things to wear. It was a good tour, but if it's crowed (which I imagine is always) you definitely have to fight to stay close to the guide or your signal cuts in and out. It's an amazing church though and I do hope you get to see it!!!!!!

Melissa

In addition to what Melissa mentioned you can rent headsets for an unguided tour right there at the Sagrada Familia. Good luck, it is a fabulous place to visit and a very interesting story behind it.

Edited by Royal2464

In addition to what Melissa mentioned you can rent headsets for an unguided tour right there at the Sagrada Familia. Good luck, it is a fabulous place to visit and a very interesting story behind it.

We also booked admission online and a tower time. With English headsets, you don't need a personal guide. We just had to get ourselves there on time!

From where we picked up the headsets, we noticed we should have walked around to the front door to begin, although it really didn't matter. We also peeked into some windows and discovered that a mass was being held in the basement (late Sunday morning). So glad we booked in advance. The line up around the block was long. The visit up the tower was worth it (to us).

We also booked admission online and a tower time. With English headsets, you don't need a personal guide. We just had to get ourselves there on time!

From where we picked up the headsets, we noticed we should have walked around to the front door to begin, although it really didn't matter. We also peeked into some windows and discovered that a mass was being held in the basement (late Sunday morning). So glad we booked in advance. The line up around the block was long. The visit up the tower was worth it (to us).

Totally agree with all this.

We booked our headsets on line as well and they were excellent and meant we didn't need a guide and could go at our own pace.

There is so much information if you only want to have an hour or so do not be tempted to listen to any of the extra information. For example they will give you information about a main part of Sagrada and suggest if you want to know about some of the smaller carvings press this number. We kept doing that as it was all so fascinating. We spent over three hours there and still had to rush through at the end. Luckily we are going back next year so we can do those parts we rushed more thoroughly.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked tickets, headsets and tower online and were glad to have the headsets. If I had to do it all over again, I would have skipped listening to the descriptions of the outside of the church and concentrated on the inside. The outside is beautiful, but the inside impressed me more.

The entrance line to pick up your tickets is on Carrer de Sardenya, sort of the back of the church.

We booked tickets, headsets and tower online and were glad to have the headsets. If I had to do it all over again, I would have skipped listening to the descriptions of the outside of the church and concentrated on the inside. The outside is beautiful, but the inside impressed me more.

The entrance line to pick up your tickets is on Carrer de Sardenya, sort of the back of the church.

We completely agree. The headsets were wonderful and explanations were thorough. There are books/information available in the gift shop if you wish to read more. We also had read Rick Steves before we went but didn't bring his book into the church.