Grand Cayman with a 15 month old

alyssa0922

I think we have decided on a beach day, 7 mile beach. Which place on 7MB would you suggest? I read Royal Palms wasn't super kid friendly, so not excited about that. What about Sea Grape/Calico Jack's? We would like an area that isn't too crowded and the wee one has room to play on the sand.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Seagrape is a lovely area...all you need is there...food, drink, restrooms, chair/umbrella rentals and watersport rentals. The bus runs regularly...you can see the bus stop from the beach. No need to pay a hotel to have a great beach day!

Edited by cb at sea

We took our 22 mo old there and I think it was her favorite place. Our ship excursion took us to Tiki Beach. We talked a little to the right of the main building and chairs and there was a really nice, large shaded area with chairs. A lot of people with kids where there. All of the kids and sand toys ended up in one place with the kids all playing together. They didn't even all speak the same language, but digging in the sand was all they needed to know. It was a great day.

You certainly don't need to take a ship excursion since there are plenty of buses that run that road to 7-mile beach. By the time we left the beach, I was carrying a sleeping toddler so I was glad we had an assigned bus with a seat and a pick up time.

We are sailing in January with 10 month old and have been thinking about what to do in grand cayman. I guess something we can access by bus is a good idea since I don't want to haul the car seat on excursions. Watching for everyone's suggestions and experiences!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

When we went to GC back in 2009 we have 3 kids youngest was 23 months old and we took the van to Royal Palms. We didn't have any issues with it not being kidfriendly, I just wanted to have the shortest ride back and forth to the ship. Our little guy even crashed out on the blanket n the shade and took a nap while hubby and I took turns snorkeling with the older 2 ;) Here are a few pics I took.

SDC10673_zps8c202895.jpg

SDC10670_zps97498014.jpg

SDC10663.jpg

SDC10669.jpg

SDC10667.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

We did Stingray City for the first time when our daughter was 1. We did her birthday the day we sailed. We had one of those floaty things she put her feet through but that lasted for about 30 min before she wanted to come out and just be held. She kissed her first ray at 12 months 3 days. :)

We did the next trip to SRC when she was almost 3. She pretty much was trying to catch them.

We are going in March and are upset to have missed the yacht tour to the star fish place. We may even do an independent for that.

Sorry, I don't have recs for GC beaches. But, I can share what we did with a toddler.

We took our 23 month old to the Turtle Farm and got the full access pass. She is not the biggest fan of sand, so it worked well for us. We brought her puddle jumper and she had a blast swiming in their huge pool. This was especially nice for us, because she was still wearing swim diapers and couldn't use the cruise ship pool. The tour of the turtle area and the aquariums around the park were interesting to her and us as well.

We bought the tickets direct from the Turtle Farm, which included a roundtrip bus ride to/from the pier.

When we went to GC back in 2009 we have 3 kids youngest was 23 months old and we took the van to Royal Palms. We didn't have any issues with it not being kidfriendly, I just wanted to have the shortest ride back and forth to the ship. Our little guy even crashed out on the blanket n the shade and took a nap while hubby and I took turns snorkeling with the older 2 ;)

Great pictures! Thanks for posting them!

LuLu