Customs-Canada

debnjoe1438

Going on a cruise tour next year and will be doing part of my air travel on Air Canada. I will be leaving Orlando Florida, going to Toronto, layover, overnight, then off to Vancouver.

Just wondering, would I have to get my bags and go thru customs in Toronto, or would customs be done in Vancouver?

Going on a cruise tour next year and will be doing part of my air travel on Air Canada. I will be leaving Orlando Florida, going to Toronto, layover, overnight, then off to Vancouver.

Just wondering, would I have to get my bags and go thru customs in Toronto, or would customs be done in Vancouver?

You will go through immigration; collecting and re-checking your bags; at your 1st Canadian stop (Toronto).

You will go through immigration; collecting and re-checking your bags; at your 1st Canadian stop (Toronto).

Since the OP is overnighting, they may not be able to re-check that night - that depends on how long the overnight layover is.

Since the OP is overnighting, they may not be able to re-check that night - that depends on how long the overnight layover is.

I can confirm - since I had an overnight connection at YYZ 3 weeks ago - that the OP will have to go thru immigration and customs at YYZ, and will have to keep their luggage overnight. This is because AC will not store your luggage overnight for you.

I can confirm - since I had an overnight connection at YYZ 3 weeks ago - that the OP will have to go thru immigration and customs at YYZ, and will have to keep their luggage overnight. This is because AC will not store your luggage overnight for you.

Ok, thanks everyone for the information. Now during the overnight, will we be able to say in the terminal area after going thru immigration and customs? Or will we have to go thru the check in process at the ticket counter? (I believe our layover is about 7 hours)

Ok, thanks everyone for the information. Now during the overnight, will we be able to say in the terminal area after going thru immigration and customs? Or will we have to go thru the check in process at the ticket counter? (I believe our layover is about 7 hours)

As you leave the customs hall to you left there is a hallway that say something like "Connecting passangers". That takes you a Air Canada desk where you normally put your bags back into the system. You normally then head upstairs go through security and to your gate.

The terminal building is open 24/7. The last flights out of Toronto leave at around 1 am and the early morning arrivals are pretty early. There is seating and waiting areas near the checkin and arrivals levels outside of security.

If you do have to recheck your bags. You are in luck that there are no baggage fess on domestic flights for the first bag. Only on flights to and from the US.

Air Canada as a special arrangement with hotels at the airport, why not get a room for the night....

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/traveller/stopover/index.html

As you leave the customs hall to you left there is a hallway that say something like "Connecting passangers". That takes you a Air Canada desk where you normally put your bags back into the system. You normally then head upstairs go through security and to your gate.

The terminal building is open 24/7. The last flights out of Toronto leave at around 1 am and the early morning arrivals are pretty early. There is seating and waiting areas near the checkin and arrivals levels outside of security.

If you do have to recheck your bags. You are in luck that there are no baggage fess on domestic flights for the first bag. Only on flights to and from the US.

Air Canada as a special arrangement with hotels at the airport, why not get a room for the night....

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/traveller/stopover/index.html

Thanks for the link. I will check it out.