Questions about the gym

hubofhockey

• 2 weeks later...
Are there spinning cycles? Spinning classes? What other classes are offered and, if you know the charges, that's great info as well.

Thanks,

Len

As Bonnie said, there are spinning classes usually on sea days and they're free so far. Other classes include stretching, abs, some yoga....all have been free. I think you can pay for some personal trainer time. There's often only one fitness trainer person, so the quality has varied from excellent to fair. Cardio and strength equip has been updated so was in good shape in December.

does the gym get crowded since it isn't very big?

Only in the morning around 8, but usually not bad enough to cause problems. Might have a short wait for a particular cardio machine to open up. Worse on sea days. Also depends on demographics of passengers.

Are the spinning cycles set up even when there is not a class? I don't mind getting on a cycle and listening to music on my iphone.

They are there but most of the fitness staff don't want people on them unless in a class....some staff don't care. Also can't use them when other classes or seminars are on-going. There are good stationary and recumbent cycles though.

Can anyone remember how many cardio machines there are.... And the mix? What other equipment is in the gym?

Treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, 1 rowing machine, 1 Pilates board, weight machines, small dumbbells. Don't remember exact numbers, but 2-3 of most cardios.

They are there but most of the fitness staff don't want people on them unless in a class....some staff don't care. Also can't use them when other classes or seminars are on-going. There are good stationary and recumbent cycles though.

We have a short cruise next summer with only one day at sea. I was hoping to use the spinning cycles on another day where we get back a little early. If they kick me off, so be it. Those stationary bikes just aren't the same as a spinning bike.

Been on 2 AZ crossings. I go to the gym each day late in the afternoon and use the recumbent stationery bike. There is only one, and it is used by others, so on some days I had to share. But at that time of day there were few others around. I was always very happy with the experience and ambience and lots of water to hydrate.