Path from newark to wtc

Desert Cruizers

We will be flying into Newark for overnight on Oct 16th, of next year and plan on going in to see the 9/11 Museum & Memorial. The Path was recommended to us for transportation into lower Manhatten to see the 9/11 Museum & Memorial. I read for 2014 that the Path doesn't go into the WTC on weekends and a transfer is needed. Not knowing subways I would like to learn, how we get into lower Manhatten from Newark. The Path site is a little confusing not knowing locations for transfers if needed. Would appreciate as much help as you can on how we would travel on Path to NYC & the WTC area. Thank you.

I am posting in the New England Ports of Call. NY and NJ are part of the East Coast

True, but they are not part of New England, nor are they "Ports of Call". They are embarkation points, and your questions better fit that board. In fact, they have been asked (and answered) many times over there.

Thank you I have already posted on the East Coast, thought I would start with NE.:), I have received excellant information from a lady from our Roll Call on the East Coast board including Hotel information. Our family and friends are stopping off in Newark for a couple days and going into NYC before going up to Quebec for our cruise.

I'm not sure what the schedule will be next October as there seems to be constant construction and changes, but the current schedule can be found here: http://www.panynj.gov/path/maps-schedules.html

From Newark Airport, you can get the train to Newark Penn Station. From there you'll be able to pick up the PATH (if it runs on that particular weekend) or the train to New York Penn Station. NY Penn Station lets you out at 34th Street so you're quite a hike from the WTC, but there is enough help on the internet to find your way through the subway system or grab a cab.