What can we do near plaza Catalunya?

Annabanana3

We are thinking of storing our luggage near here for a couple of hours starting around 9am. We don't have time to wander too far as we need to be at the airport for noon. Is there anything noteworthy to see/do around this area?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

We are thinking of storing our luggage near here for a couple of hours starting around 9am. We don't have time to wander too far as we need to be at the airport for noon. Is there anything noteworthy to see/do around this area?

That doesn't give you much time and not sure it will be worth it...maybe a walk down the Las Ramblas and a stop in at the La Boqueria market (unless it's a Sunday).

I would walk down La Rambla to the market for breakfast, come back out thru Bari Gothic, shopping along Placa de Angles (sp?) if it is not Sunday for last minute souvenirs. Or stop for a snack at a cafe in the old city and people watch. Watch your valuables!

AnnaBanana! Whatever you do will be fun. Paul and i hopped on the tour bus and REALLY enjoyed it. We were able to see LOTS of things in the city. I think I have a map of highlights if you want it.

A word of caution, keep your valuables really close - there are pick pockets casing the unwary. Enjoy but don't be naive OK?

When are you guys travelling? Sue and her two kids visited us today. We made lots of music. Those amazing kids played a duet of Pachebel's Canon on my violins!

All the best and let me know if you want the small map and book.

Nancy and Paul:D

AnnaBanana! Whatever you do will be fun. Paul and i hopped on the tour bus and REALLY enjoyed it. We were able to see LOTS of things in the city. I think I have a map of highlights if you want it.

A word of caution' date=' keep your valuables really close - there are pick pockets casing the unwary. Enjoy but don't be naive OK?

When are you guys travelling? Sue and her two kids visited us today. We made lots of music. Those amazing kids played a duet of Pachebel's Canon on my violins!

All the best and let me know if you want the small map and book.

Nancy and Paul:D[/quote']

Thanks Nancy. We are sailing on Oct 1st for 1/ nights and Spain will be our last stop. The map and book would be great! If we can hit the ground running the we won't waste any precious time. Thanks again.

Anne-Marie

Archived