1 person can't go

krabbymike

Booked a room on carnival liberty with a great rate for four people. Cruise is already paid for. If someone can't go do I need to notify carnival or can just the 3 of us show up. Just wondering if the rate will change or if it will stay the same. Did not get insurance and that's ok the rate was to good to pass up. Balcony room on the liberty January 3rd

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Booked a room on carnival liberty with a great rate for four people. Cruise is already paid for. If someone can't go do I need to notify carnival or can just the 3 of us show up. Just wondering if the rate will change or if it will stay the same. Did not get insurance and that's ok the rate was to good to pass up. Balcony room on the liberty January 3rd...

Since I imagine the final payment date is passed, I do not believe the cost for the room will change with possibly only some port fees or taxes being deducted.

Please be aware of the fact that by posting your message on a public board, you may very well have just notified Carnival of the situation.

Scott & Karen

Since I imagine the final payment date is passed, I do not believe the cost for the room will change with possibly only some port fees or taxes being deducted.

Please be aware of the fact that by posting your message on a public board, you may very well have just notified Carnival of the situation.

Scott & Karen

That is just what I was thinking.

Cruise lines read these forums. Of course, the chance of them seeing OP's post is low, who knows?

Since you have four people booked, one person canceling is not a big deal. The canceling person will get the port fees refunded, and whatever amount is left after the penalty is assessed. The remaining three will go as planned, their fares will remain as two at 1st/2nd, one at 3rd/4th rate. The only thing to work out is whether or not each person pays an equal share, or whether the two paying the 'full' fare get the lower beds and the third gets the top bunk. With any luck, you made some sort of agreement up front about fare sharing.

The difficulties with cancellations come when there is only one person remaining on the booking and they have to be assessed a single supplement; this is not the case when a 3rd/4th passenger cancels.

That is just what I was thinking.

Cruise lines read these forums. Of course, the chance of them seeing OP's post is low, who knows?

I don't think Carnival has an investigative team trying to find out who krabbymike is. :)

I don't think Carnival has an investigative team trying to find out who krabbymike is. :)

:D I fully agree but know for sure the cruise lines all have people reading various forums on the internet.

Why wouldn't they?

It's a free source for them to cull whatever information interests them.

Since you have four people booked, one person canceling is not a big deal. The canceling person will get the port fees refunded, and whatever amount is left after the penalty is assessed. The remaining three will go as planned, their fares will remain as two at 1st/2nd, one at 3rd/4th rate. The only thing to work out is whether or not each person pays an equal share, or whether the two paying the 'full' fare get the lower beds and the third gets the top bunk. With any luck, you made some sort of agreement up front about fare sharing.

The difficulties with cancellations come when there is only one person remaining on the booking and they have to be assessed a single supplement; this is not the case when a 3rd/4th passenger cancels.

That is good information. I didn't know how it worked for third and fourth passenger.

Since you have four people booked, one person canceling is not a big deal. The canceling person will get the port fees refunded, and whatever amount is left after the penalty is assessed.

All true. But if the canceling person doesn't show up and doesn't bother notifying Carnival it's possible that there would be no refund of some or all of the taxes/fees. There is no upside to being a "no show".

Couple of clarifications to comments above:

Main name on booking generally only has to be one of the first two 'full' fare passengers. If canceling person is the first name, the second can take over the booking. This really only matters for payment purposes. If it comes to it the third or fourth booked passenger can take over being the 'main' passenger.

Full cancelation penalty does not kick in at final payment; being a no show just because final payment was made is a waste of money all the way around. Far better to actually cancel, and get a partial refund. If fare sharing was not worked out at booking, then everyone will have to agree on what is now to be done on a per person basis. But just walking away from a refund due is foolish.