Stock Island Seafood Restaurant

emcee207

Ok, Mike "bhopal", PJK, Keywester and all you other knowledgeable Key West people, what is the name of the good seafood restaurant just off Key West on Stock Island?? For the life of me can't remember it and we'll be in town next week.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ok, Mike "bhopal", PJK, Keywester and all you other knowledgeable Key West people, what is the name of the good seafood restaurant just off Key West on Stock Island?? For the life of me can't remember it and we'll be in town next week.

You're probably either thinking of Hogfish or Hurricane Hole. Hogfish is a bit of trick to get to, way off the beaten path on the old shrimp docks. Hurricane Hole is just off Key West as soon as you go over to Stock Island, on the right.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help. It was Hogfish I was thinking of............it hit me at 3:00 at night in bed as usual.

One thing, esp for you locals, our favorite place, Michaels. We went there twice and not too impressed. Pricey, $36 for hogfish that was just okay, don't think we'll be back there soon. Too bad

One thing, esp for you locals, our favorite place, Michaels. We went there twice and not too impressed. Pricey, $36 for hogfish that was just okay, don't think we'll be back there soon. Too bad

Michaels is not what it used to be and I'm a little surprised they're still open. When a restaurant goes from being known for their steaks to being known for their deserts, it should say something about their menu. The fondue is still their selling point, but there are so many better restaurants in Key West.

Michaels is not what it used to be and I'm a little surprised they're still open. When a restaurant goes from being known for their steaks to being known for their deserts, it should say something about their menu. The fondue is still their selling point, but there are so many better restaurants in Key West.

You are right on. We had the fondue one night, decent but not great for $56 for two! The other night was not good and also expensive. We won't be back, this place is a shadow of it's former self and is sad. We stayed at the Marker and it was close and we liked it before but we won't be back.

LOL, and we never made it to Hogfish grille. The weather was horrible, rained the entire trip. Oh well...........

Edited by emcee207

• 2 months later...

We have been to Michael's a few times. I keep wanting it to be great, but sadly it isn't.

I DO however, LOVE the fondue at bar. That is always delicious and the bar is a fun place. Bartenders are very professional and have been there forever.