Waterproof pouch for phone or camera

jvz

Maybe you want to post a link so we know what it is:p

I have a water proof bag but probably wouldn't trust any of them with my phone. There are a lot of good water proof cameras for around 100-150.00.

This thread may get moved since it isn't about RCCL.

Edited by bouhunter

We got some from amazon... All of $5-7. It had 3 zippers and a button snap. Once it came in we tested it by putting paper in it and submerging it in water. Worked great. Had it leaked they would have exhanged. We took it on our RCI cruise this past week and had NO issues. We kept ID's and sea pass cards and phone in them. I can send the link if you need.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Sorry but I would never take my phone snorkerling. I would not trust any kind of waterproof bag, a pin hole and your phone is done.

Agreed. Just ask my sister who decided to take her iPhone down a waterside at Atlantis because the phone was in a LifeProof case.

She had to first take my old 4s and just got a new 5s to replace it.

I bought a 4S on Craig's list specifically to take diving. I bought the case at scuba dot com for $60.

Works perfectly. You have to choose either video or pictures before you dive.

I wouldn't want to take my iphone in the water but if I had to, this is what I would use. I also have the bag and plastic case. Both work, but again, I would spend the money on the $60 if I was going to take my phone in any water.

The bag and hard case are inexpensive at scuba.......

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agreed. Just ask my sister who decided to take her iPhone down a waterside at Atlantis because the phone was in a LifeProof case.

She had to first take my old 4s and just got a new 5s to replace it.

Wasn't it guaranteed by LifeProof though? I thought they had a guarantee on their cases.....

Wasn't it guaranteed by LifeProof though? I thought they had a guarantee on their cases.....

I had my phone screen bust in a lifeproof case when it never even dropped. (The back of the phone somehow just shattered, from being in my pocket). And they're only waterproof for like 50 on/off's. So if you remove the case a lot, they don't last long. I wish I remembered the exact number they told me, but 50 sounds about right lol.

To the OP: But we have phone insurance so we didn't mind taking ours snorkeling. Note III and iPhone 5, we knew the risk we were taking getting the cases. We tested them, they worked the whole trip. But no case is ever 100% obviously.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

There is a product called a DicaPac for cameras. Not sure if they have them for phones. I have used one for years with never a leak and done a lot of snorkeling with it. Very thick plastic, will not puncture unless you are really trying to. You may want to check this out.