FirstTimer

ssalaam85

Hi all, I'm planning my first cruise for hubby and I but. I've been on here for sometime now just reading and getting advice. Gotten some really good tips over the time. I've never been on a ship and I'm worried about sea sickness and to top it off I'm pregnant. Has anyone cruised while pregnant or had a pregnant wife who cruised? and if so how was it? Trying to go before I hit that 24 week mark or should I wait till after the baby is born? I normally don't get motion sickness but I'm afraid with my physical state I might have a problem.

in recent weeks there have been not one but TWO babies born ON BOARD at the 23/24 week mark after being cleared by their docs and being within th cruise line regs.

if I were ever pregnant no way in hell would I EVER sail beyond 20 weeks. no matter what my doctor said. In fact it would not surprise me if the cruise lines altered their regulations to make the cut off earlier now.

in recent weeks there have been not one but TWO babies born ON BOARD at the 23/24 week mark after being cleared by their docs and being within th cruise line regs.

if I were ever pregnant no way in hell would I EVER sail beyond 20 weeks. no matter what my doctor said. In fact it would not surprise me if the cruise lines altered their regulations to make the cut off earlier now.

wow thats crazy and here I am worried about motion sickness

I agree...I'd wait until the baby is about a year or so...they have to be at least 6 mos, anyway....and I'd wait until they were eating table food (mushed up) before cruising. Cruise lines don't carry "baby food" or other baby products.....so the more into regular things your child is, the easier it will be for you, packing-wise!

I was about four-and-a-half months along and that seems to be a good time (second trimester) to go as one usually doesn't get morning sickness then and is past the time for most miscarriages and before the 20-week mark. My only problem was with a temporary crown.

I wouldn't have gone beyond that time and I wouldn't have wanted to go during my first trimester as I had some miscarriages (fortunately no morning sickness). I felt the healthiest I ever had while pregnancy and the only days I took off from work was early on because I had a cold and the day following my amnio.

But if you wait until the baby comes, just take a while to see how baby takes to sleeping, etc. We just did day trips for the first couple of years because she was a bad teether. We went on our first real trip when she was 23 months of age on a three-day cruise that we can drive to, and followed it up with a hotel stay of about four days. It went well and it was fun to watch her explore the ship. Just couldn't see leaving her with relatives so we were glad to take her with (she's done 8 cruises between then and 15-years old).

I was about four-and-a-half months along and that seems to be a good time (second trimester) to go as one usually doesn't get morning sickness then and is past the time for most miscarriages and before the 20-week mark. My only problem was with a temporary crown.

I wouldn't have gone beyond that time and I wouldn't have wanted to go during my first trimester as I had some miscarriages (fortunately no morning sickness). I felt the healthiest I ever had while pregnancy and the only days I took off from work was early on because I had a cold and the day following my amnio.

But if you wait until the baby comes' date=' just take a while to see how baby takes to sleeping, etc. We just did day trips for the first couple of years because she was a bad teether. We went on our first real trip when she was 23 months of age on a three-day cruise that we can drive to, and followed it up with a hotel stay of about four days. It went well and it was fun to watch her explore the ship. Just couldn't see leaving her with relatives so we were glad to take her with (she's done 8 cruises between then and 15-years old).[/quote']

thanks for the info. think I might hold off as I usually don't have complications but u never know what the universe has in store for you.