Towels

dapaddo

Not in Inside cabins but you can get them by asking your steward. Mike

Never heard this before, are you sure that you are not mixing beach towels and bathrobes?

We always travel in an Inside cabin and get neither Beach/Pool Towels (which are striped for identification) nor Bathrobes in the cabin on boarding. We have to ask for them.

Mike

We always travel in an Inside cabin and get neither Beach/Pool Towels (which are striped for identification) nor Bathrobes in the cabin on boarding. We have to ask for them.

Mike

NCL towels aren't striped. They are solid blue.

Crazy! The last 3 cruises we've seen nothing but the solid blue ones anywhere. (Getaway, Epic, and Escape). That's wild because we exchange several times each day on board or on the piers. I've never seen anything other than solid blue. We also use that to help ID which pier runners are heading for our ship. Lol!

3052CBC7-D427-43D4-B8C8-EE0A150889E4_zpsqlycysh8.jpg

Edited by LrgPizza

We've never had blue towels. Ours are always green and white striped. We sail in an OV. Do different class cabins get different towels?

I can't imagine how. Isn't that weird? We always exchange at the towel exchange by the pools where there are nothing but stacks of blue. We've certainly never been asked what type of cabin we're in. So strange!

Edited by LrgPizza

I can't imagine how. Isn't that weird? We always exchange at the towel exchange by the pools where there are nothing but stacks of blue. We've certainly never been asked what type of cabin we're in. So strange!

Very weird. We sailed the Getaway also and had the green and white striped. Exchange stations on all ships I've sailed so far have the striped towels.

Very weird. We sailed the Getaway also and had the green and white striped. Exchange stations on all ships I've sailed so far have the striped towels.

So funny! (And I know we've strayed off topic and it isn't important anyway, just interesting). I've never ever seen any other than the ones in my picture. Have you ever seen those?

On the breakaway this past September our towels were green and white striped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In November on Escape we had the ones like in my picture. Maybe they are old and the ships are changing them to striped? Such an inane discussion, but it's morning and I'm bored. Haha

So funny! (And I know we've strayed off topic and it isn't important anyway, just interesting). I've never ever seen any other than the ones in my picture. Have you ever seen those?

No, I've never seen the blue ones at all. We just sailed last month on the Jewel too and again, green and white striped.

Edited by janpo

I'm excited to see what's on our upcoming cruise. If they are striped and also have the cool NCL logo like the blue ones, I might have to swipe/buy one. Lol!

Take pictures! Haha. Even our first cruise on NCL in 2012 had the striped towels.

Edited by janpo

Take pictures! Haha. Even our first cruise on NCL in 2012 had the striped towels.

I've googled now and seen the striped ones, in addition to the blue ones I posted above. I can't remember what we had on our first cruise 11 years ago, but the 3 between '14 & '15 had the blue. My life must be dull today since I'm interested in this. Haha!

This person's photos from Breakaway in 2013 have the blue.

NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY Teddy & Towel Animals Cabin 12104 PDM 05-05-2013 19-51-18

Edited by LrgPizza

We were just on the getaway - the towels were in our room on arrival day - they had solid blue, green strips and blue stripes.

+1

All color combinations are used on Getaway currently, at first we had blue striped ones in out cabin and the towel exchange only had solid blues but later we saw a lot of green striped ones too (at least on pier towel exchange on one port day) and one day our room steward brought solid ones to our cabin as replacements for the blue striped ones we discarded.

I'm excited to see what's on our upcoming cruise. If they are striped and also have the cool NCL logo like the blue ones, I might have to swipe/buy one. Lol!

IIRC no logo on the striped ones. I think that the solid blue ones are the best of the three "designs" - the striped ones are quite "meh" and have a lot more wear and tear.

I think that the solid blue ones are the best of the three "designs" - the striped ones are quite "meh" and have a lot more wear and tear.

Agreed. The blue ones are better quality. I've had both types on a variety of different ships.

Not in Inside cabins but you can get them by asking your steward.

Mike

There were beach towels in our inside cabin on the Jewel. They were green & white striped.

Edited by NMLady